V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let me introduce myself.
I'm the very proud new owner of a 2004 H-D Softail Standard (model FXST-I), silver, purchased used from ABC Harley-Davidson in Waterford MI (great people there). My new 'Sweet One' has 11327 miles and was very well maintained by the previous owner. The ST has Rinehart pipes, K&N air cleaner, removable H-D low-profile windshield, and after-market grips and pegs. No pictures yet.
As for me, I'm a retired General Motors engineer (32 years) and worked on vehicle aerodynamics. Happily married to Judith, she really liked the ST too (a most important point!).
Probably won't ride until mid March what with the weather and salted roads. In the meantime, I'll spend the winter reading the Owner's Manual and tying trout flies for the upcoming fly-fishing season.
Pleased to me you all.

·
Premium Member
1,130 Posts
:welcome: to the forum and congrats on the new bike!

·
fourty three and seven...
3,465 Posts
Nice bike. Congrats.

Welcome to the VTF.

Lots of cool scoots and fine folks who ride them around this here place.

There are a few people that like to fish also.

Post your mind and enjoy the fire.

·
Registered
11 Posts
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: Welcome. Have virtually the same bike. Had to buy two others before I found the softail. I love it. There is no other bike for me. You wil enjoy it!!! ?prty:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Howdy Blackfly

Welcome to VTF and congrats on the new putt. I was up in your neighborhood today for the M/C show in Novi...a white knuckle trip with all the ice on the road..bring it on Spring!!

Enjoy the site, post often and get some pics of the Soft Tail.

·
Total Nutcase
2,691 Posts
Congrats on the new bike! Sounds like you got a sweet one. You're gonna love it and I bet you find yourself spending less time fishin now! :cheers:

·
Huge Member
1,286 Posts
Welcome! Congratulations on your bike, and especially on RETIREMENT. I hope you get many great rides!

·
Incredible
3,029 Posts
Hello from Nashville

Congrats on the new to you scoot. I like the Softail Standards. They are a nce ride.

:welcome: to the vtf board.

·
Retired
1,835 Posts
:welcome:
I am a fellow Michigander,almost retired GM employee currently laid off,'04 FXSTI owner.
Rode a few miles today. 37 degrees,partly sunny. Great ride.

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
congrats on the new bike. hopefully you got a deal on it. I've heard of complaints from dealings with that dealer, hopefully not the case with your dealings.

·
DHARMA Initiative
5,678 Posts
:welcome: to the forum. Congrats on the new Softy!! Post up often and enjoy.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts