V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, this is my first harley and I couldnt be prouder. 06 deuce black cherry and black pearl. Fell in love with it as they were taking it out of the box. never hit the showroom floor. Having owned several *** bikes I am finally financially able to own what I have always wanted. Found this site and the info is awesome. Thanx. I am a member of titantalk which is also powered by Vbulletin. Any way I chose the deuce because I just love the look. I think it's the best looking fx. IMO. I am picking it up today. Getting VH bigshots staggered installed before it leaves the dealer. They just happened to have a set someone didnt want. Lucky me. Any way I live in Ocala FL and the whether is awesome today and I cant wait!! Will post some pics when I get a chance.

·
Soar like an Eagle
2,570 Posts
Congrats on the Deuce good choice. That was my first HD also. Post up some pics when you get a chance.

:welcome: to the ?prty:

·
fourty three and seven...
3,465 Posts
Great news on the new bike. I used to hunt in ocala. Nice place. Welcome to the one forum where the people understand the way you feel about your bike.

Hope to read more of your posts very soon. Post up and make some pals.

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
Welcome from another new member. I picked up my Vivid Black and Lava Red Deuce last Saturday (10/22/05). Although it's not my first bike, nor my first Harley, it's been 'a few' years since I've owned either. Like many on here, I had bikes prior to getting married but it seemed the practical thing to do when the kids came along...so I sold them. Well, now the kids are grown and are producing their own problems...er.. kids. So.. in 2002 I bought a Honda Sabre 1100 (v-twin). Although I really wanted a Harley I also really like the Sabre. But after 3 season of riding it, and trying to figure out how to make it more of what I wanted, I realized that the only thing that was going to make me fully satisfied was a .....HARLEY! So..a week later I've been riding my new Harley in 35 degree weather just to get in as much saddle time as I can before the snow hits. Man, gotta get that windsheild for this cold weather. brrrrr.

·
DHARMA Initiative
5,678 Posts
:welcome: to the forum!! Congrats on the new Duece! Post up often and enjoy.

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Thanx everyone for the welcome. Picked up the bike yesterday at about 3:30 and cant get off of it. I love this bike. The VH bigshots sound awesome. I probably would of went with SE slip ons if I hadnt searched this forum. VH are well worth the extra money, plus on the deuce they move the pipes under the rear peg which looks sooo much better. IMO. I will post some pics in the days to come. Again thanx.

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
:clap: from one fng to another welcome to harley family-congrats on the new bike.I'm gonna have a Coopers for ya!Oh what the hell one for me too.:cheers:

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
DueceDog said:
Welcome from another new member. I picked up my Vivid Black and Lava Red Deuce last Saturday (10/22/05). Although it's not my first bike, nor my first Harley, it's been 'a few' years since I've owned either. Like many on here, I had bikes prior to getting married but it seemed the practical thing to do when the kids came along...so I sold them. Well, now the kids are grown and are producing their own problems...er.. kids. So.. in 2002 I bought a Honda Sabre 1100 (v-twin). Although I really wanted a Harley I also really like the Sabre. But after 3 season of riding it, and trying to figure out how to make it more of what I wanted, I realized that the only thing that was going to make me fully satisfied was a .....HARLEY! So..a week later I've been riding my new Harley in 35 degree weather just to get in as much saddle time as I can before the snow hits. Man, gotta get that windsheild for this cold weather. brrrrr.
Congrats on the Deuce!! 35 degree?? BRRRRRRR!!! I am a native floridian so I would need a lot more than a windshield.HA HA ! Then again if it was 35 here I would be riding too. Hope you enjoy yours as much as I am. Look forward to reading your post in the future.

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
P 0 P E Y E said:
Great news on the new bike. I used to hunt in ocala. Nice place. Welcome to the one forum where the people understand the way you feel about your bike.

Hope to read more of your posts very soon. Post up and make some pals.
Thanx for the welcome. Where in Ocala did you used to hunt. Deer? The management area really sucks now. To many bears, not to mention people. Bear population is really out of and. Of course officials deny that. About 40 a year are getting killed on hwy 40. There are more bear tracks than deer tracks. Its crazy.

·
fourty three and seven...
3,465 Posts
The management area was the place. Back in 1983. On the edge of the dog area.

Used to hunt in Volusia management area off 92 by the prison too. That area was very good.

I liked Fl once I got away from the beaten path a tourist zones.

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
I wish I lived in Ocala, Fla. To think that I moved from S. California to N.J... what the hell was I thinking!

The more I ride this thing the more in love with it I become. I hope the rest of my planned mods go as easily as the one I did tonight (yeah, right). I installed the brake light conversion kit. I think I did it in 15 minutes, which included reading the instructions, removing the passenger strap from the seat,
cleaning the rear fender under the seat, installing the kit, reinstalling the seat, testing everything,AND adjusting the headlight. Now I feel a little more comfy that cagers behind me will see me.

oh yeah, the windshield is due in on Friday. Mornings are getting colder and colder. lol The Harley catalog has more yellow highlighting on it than it has black print. LOL and I haven't even begun with the other accessory companies yet.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts