V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all - my name is Michelle and I've been around bikes for as long as I can remember. Used to ride around with my dad, and then later toured with both my mom and my dad as they bought a Harley-Davidson sidecar. Got to see Sturgis, Devil's Tower, Rocky Mountains, Smokey Mountains, weird roadside attractions (Mitchell Corn Palace anyone?) and more than anyone in my middle school class got to see.

Now I'm all grown up, and I work at the family Harley-Davidson dealership in NJ. (Yes, I'm a dealership employee - take it easy on me!) Got my license (finally) and wish I had more time to ride.

Missing the warm weather already, and can't wait for spring!

·
Registered
859 Posts
Hello Michelle and welcome to VTF. Lots of great folks here and it's great to have a dealership employee join us.

·
Banned
589 Posts
Spam don't scare me none . . . :coffee:

·
HATER OF THE GRAVEL!!!!!!
5,761 Posts
Welcome to the asylum here.....

Oh, and for real proof, we need to see some pictures please. (At work would be nice)

·
Premium Member
436 Posts
Welcome to the forum.... While your technical skills are probably superior to most including mine :) there's still plenty of knowledge on this board. Enjoy and I look forward to reading input from a tech.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome!

While I could probably put you in touch with some reliable technical information - I'm not a tech myself. I do the books, computer system, social media, web-stuff, um, network stuff...I don't know. I keep busy.

Picture of me at work, eh? Hmm...

That's me from the Jersey Giant Swap Meet last year...

That's me "demo-ing" the Jumpstart when we first got it. That was fun. :)

Proof enough for ya? That I'm not a spam-bot AND that I hang at a dealership? LOL

Look forward to meeting everyone...

·
self banned
5,992 Posts
Welcome to the site!

Please excuse me as I don't go to dealers too often, but what was that "demo thing"? Was that actually a dyno machine? Seems weird for it to be outside like that.

and btw, you look good on the bike!

Sounds like you have a great life!!!

rkc

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Hi Michelle!! I used to go to B&D all the time when I was young and living in that area.
Are you working at the current Rahway dealership? I grew up in Colonia..

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
I think I speak for everyone when I say "Welcome!". It will be nice to have another person's perspective available here. I see so much dealer and MoCo bashing going on here. Some of it might be deserved but, I suspect that just having the viewpoint of the consumer, there is usually more to the story than we know. Once again welcome to the forum and if you have any "skin thickener", apply it liberally.

·
Registered
5,824 Posts
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome!

While I could probably put you in touch with some reliable technical information - I'm not a tech myself. I do the books, computer system, social media, web-stuff, um, network stuff...I don't know. I keep busy.

Picture of me at work, eh? Hmm...

hello and welcome..

Now let's watch all the dogs come runnin :redrolf:

:corn:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hi Michelle!! I used to go to B&D all the time when I was young and living in that area.
Are you working at the current Rahway dealership? I grew up in Colonia..
Yup that's where I work! Not sure how long you've been away, but B&D is a Quick Chek now, and we're located in the old Chevy dealership by the train station.

That demo thing is a sort of a dyno machine, but it's not for diagnostics. It's called the Jumpstart - you pop a bike on there, the back tire goes on a roller, and "newbs" can start the bike and kick it into gear to try out riding without all the pressure of ACTUALLY riding. Lets you get a feel for the clutch, and you can safely go up to like 60mph, all through the gears and back. We set it up for events, and even built a little trailer to take it to bike nights. :) Fun stuff. Great to watch people clunk into first, get going on it - you can actually WATCH people decide to become riders. LOL.

·
self banned
5,992 Posts
That demo thing is a sort of a dyno machine, but it's not for diagnostics. It's called the Jumpstart - you pop a bike on there, the back tire goes on a roller, and "newbs" can start the bike and kick it into gear to try out riding without all the pressure of ACTUALLY riding. Lets you get a feel for the clutch, and you can safely go up to like 60mph, all through the gears and back. We set it up for events, and even built a little trailer to take it to bike nights. :) Fun stuff. Great to watch people clunk into first, get going on it - you can actually WATCH people decide to become riders. LOL.

Cool-thanks!!!

almost like sitting on the bike and saying vrrrmm vrrrmmm, but the bike is actually doing the vrrrm vrrrrm!!!

rkc

·
Registered
859 Posts

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
I stopped by to pick something up in the spring.. nice place..
B&D is a Quik Chek, In time everything changes
But good to have ya here.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts