V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Another Old Fart
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I going to change out the rear shocks on my Ultra to the 440's but not sure what length to use. I go about 250 and the other half rides sometimes with me. Any suggestions on where to buy them....... Thanks in advance..... Mike..

·
0043--Licensed to Doof!
4,369 Posts
The stock length is 13". If you want to drop the rear end, you can go to 12 1/2 or even 12". I have the 12" on my EGC, and a lowered front end. The ride is tight but not harsh. I bought my 440's from Cyborg Cycles www.cyborgcycles.com. You will get a lot of opinions as to wether you should get the standard or heavy duty springs. My opinion, standard. I weigh 200#, sometimes I'm two up with my other half at 140. I have no problems.

·
Premium Member
58 Posts
I have not heard of many people with Ultra's changing to the 440's.. I would stick with the std Ultra length of 13" that Geezerglide stated. Progressive would say you need the HD's. Another source is www.wallyscycleworld.com for approximately $400 including free shipping.

·
Premium Member
252 Posts
I put the 440's on my 03 SERK because I rode two up most of the time. I loved them, but now my wife has a bike and with me riding solo most of the time, the 440's are almost too much. I live them at their lightest setting and they're ok. If she rides with me I can always turn them up a little. But loaded and touring I was glad I had the 440's. But remember my bike is lowered from the factory and I use the 12", so the 13" ones would probably ride a little better than mine did, with a light load.

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
I put the 12" Heavy Duty 440's on my Ultra and I have never been happier, I go about 250 and I have ridden with my son on the back with no problems and he goes about 320. I highly reccomend them to anyone.

·
Another Old Fart
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys for the replies............. Mike..............:cheers:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts