V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First let me say this is a nice forum you guys have here. I stumbled across it while looking for pics of Prochargers on HD's a while back. Myself and several friends all have v-rods. We ride with a bunch of guys and they all have different model HD's. We were able to talk a good friend of ours out of building a big inch motor for his FatBoy and letting us put a Procharger on it for him. I don't have the copy of the dyno chart with me but it did make 155hp and 130tq! This was also done with the SERT and custom dyno tuning.This thing is extremely fast. It now makes our v-rods look SLOW. We have a few more pullies to put on and play with to try and get some more power down low. The power comes on strong from 5K and up. Here are some pics of the bike and install. All of our other buddies with the big motors are really bumming they went that route now after seeing this. LOL... Feel free to ask questions. Thanks Roger
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,741 Posts
Besides the Procharger, what has been done to the heads, cylinders, pistons, wrist pins, rings, rods, flywheels, crank, crank pin, oiling system, ignition, primary, clutch, transmission, final drive belt, pulley attachment, rear wheel load handling, frame reinforcement, etc. ??
 

·
Fastest Chkn N the South!
Joined
·
897 Posts
That blows. ;)

I'd love to hear a sound clip. Sweet. :bowdwn:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
73 Posts
vrog said:
The power comes on strong from 5K and up.
That's not really in a usable range, is it? Unless you're at the drag strip...

For every day riding, it still seems like "there's no replacement for displacement."
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Totenkopf said:
Besides the Procharger, what has been done to the heads, cylinders, pistons, wrist pins, rings, rods, flywheels, crank, crank pin, oiling system, ignition, primary, clutch, transmission, final drive belt, pulley attachment, rear wheel load handling, frame reinforcement, etc. ??

Nothing its stock. It has bigger injectors and a race tuner, thats it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
PhxCliff said:
That's not really in a usable range, is it? Unless you're at the drag strip...

For every day riding, it still seems like "there's no replacement for displacement."
well it makes 130tq at 3,500 right up till about 6K so its a real blast to drive. We have some pullies that we are going to put on and play with and try to get the power to come on quicker.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I just told my friend Eric to join ( MrBoost ) Hopefully we will see him on here soon.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Totenkopf said:
it ain't long for this world then.


:roflback:
Curious as to why you would think that? Its OEM reliability......

BTW.... Those are some nice wheels on your bike
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
TREADMARKS said:
Sweet charger.

Nice bike.

Is there an air filter that goes with that setup?

Yes, If you look at the second pic down you will see a bonnet with some black lines on it, inside there is a K&N air filter
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,741 Posts
vrog said:
Curious as to why you would think that? Its OEM reliability......
I'll be as gentle as I can and then I will shutup. btw, "its OEM reliability..." is actually very funny. ;)

Cast pistons, roller bearing on the left side of the crank, cast crank / flywheels not pinned and welded, drivetrain not designed to handle that torque, Balancer motor. It's just a matter of which one of these goes first. I can't decide if it's the pistons or the left crank bearing or the flywheels slipping or the tranny. I'll guess the wheels slip and the crank bearing goes before the pistons do. On second thought, 3rd gear is really vulnerable.

Take your pick! and I do not intend ill will for you or your friend.

All the best!
Tote
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
460 Posts
vrog said:
well it makes 130tq at 3,500 right up till about 6K so its a real blast to drive. We have some pullies that we are going to put on and play with and try to get the power to come on quicker.
You just downshift when you want to accelerate when riding at low speed. You'd be surprized how well that works.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Totenkopf said:
I'll be as gentle as I can and then I will shutup. btw, "its OEM reliability..." is actually very funny. ;)

Cast pistons, roller bearing on the left side of the crank, cast crank / flywheels not pinned and welded, drivetrain not designed to handle that torque, Balancer motor. It's just a matter of which one of these goes first. I can't decide if it's the pistons or the left crank bearing or the flywheels slipping or the tranny. I'll guess the wheels slip and the crank bearing goes before the pistons do. On second thought, 3rd gear is really vulnerable.

Take your pick! and I do not intend ill will for you or your friend.

All the best!
Tote
All points taken and we will keep an eye out. I will keep you posted....... If any bike will break it will be this one! He beats the crap out of it. Already shredded one belt off it the first night out. Just from what I have seen putting centrifugal superchargers on bone stock cars, it should be fine. But then again, What do I know I ride a v-rod! LOL:xhere:
We are converting traditional owners, we get a real good response on our bikes.









 

·
Registered
Joined
·
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
turbotc said:
You just downshift when you want to accelerate when riding at low speed. You'd be surprized how well that works.
Your kidding me right:spank:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,741 Posts
normally, when you first come on the forum, you post about yourself in the My Story section, so we get to know who you are.

Turbo has a wicked dry sense of humour, doesn't he?

relax, we'll get to know you and figure out what your MO is.

Maybe you got the message already because I saw your first post change.... about this being a non- advertising section, unless you're a sponsor.

I see you like blowers. you'll like this one a friend of mine built then........



 

·
Registered
Joined
·
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Totenkopf said:
normally, when you first come on the forum, you post about yourself in the My Story section, so we get to know who you are.

Turbo has a wicked dry sense of humour, doesn't he?

relax, we'll get to know you and figure out what your MO is.

Maybe you got the message already because I saw your first post change.... about this being a non- advertising section, unless you're a sponsor.

I see you like blowers. you'll like this one a friend of mine built then........



Oooooooooops... I forgot to introduce myself in that section. Yes, I spoke with Springer about that, My fault, I didn't read the rules. No harm done.I'm a member in a couple forums and there are always a few who like to give a little, I'm easy going and get along with everyone. No harm done or taken.Blowers, turbo's, N2O, Big Motors I like them all. Although, I will be the first to admit its the biggest waste on $$$, but it sure is fun! I have only been riding for about 4 years now, never thought I would be a bike person. I bought 113" American Iron Horse Chopper, then a 2002 FatBoy with a 95" kit 100hp and 100tq, that was fun, then a 2003 V-rod, then a 2004 Road King Custom, then traded that for the 2005 V-rod. I like them all..... But now I have the best of ALL worlds, first, its a Harley, second its fast, and 3rd I have a 260 tire on the back. Its the perfect package for me. I will say, that the new SE Road King is looking nice, I hope they don't make an SE street glide because I really do not want to buy another bike. LOL.... Street Glides sure are nice.....
 
1 - 20 of 51 Posts
Top