V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!

I am new to this forum, but I suspect I can find the help I need.

I have a '05 custom bobber with a 96 inch S&S. It is a very basic bike. However, it is about to drive me crazy. Here's the problem, when I ride for any length of time the bike will not start after I stop. When I turn the key I hear the starter cellinoid thunk, but nothing else. However, if I push it off the bike kicks and will get me home. Once at the house I put the charger on the battery and in no more than 2 mins.the bike starts fine. I have 32+ volts out of the stator, 14 out of the battery at 2k rpms, and 14+ out of the battery with the bike off. What have I missed. I also had the Drag Spec. battery checked at the Battery Store and they told me It was fine w/ 410 CCA and performed well under load testing.

I appreciate any and all help. Beefier wires? Short? I only have one fuse and it is fine. I am at wits end.

Tomas911

·
Administrator
11,287 Posts
What is the compression of the engine? Does it have compression releases? Have you tried bumping the starter, hit the button 2 or 3 times in quick succesion and then hold it in, does that allow it to turn over? take a VOM meter with you and put it on the battery when you try to start it hot, see if the voltage drops out when you hit the starter button.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts