V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was considering buying a 2 into 1 pipe for my road glide. I was wondering what the differents between the pro pipe and the pro pipe HS. The catalogue says they both have heat shields is there a differents and do they both perform the same?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Phil Grant said:
I was considering buying a 2 into 1 pipe for my road glide. I was wondering what the differents between the pro pipe and the pro pipe HS. The catalogue says they both have heat shields is there a differents and do they both perform the same?
Not sure on the 2-1 series, but in reguards to my V&H straight shots, the "HS" stands for "Hot Sound", and the HS series exhaust is 2" pipe as opposed to the std. straight shots being 1 3/4" pipe. I would bet this is the same scenario on your 2-1 setup, just bigger dia. pipes....

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
HS stands for heat shield. On the Pro Pipe, the HS means you get a heat shield over the collector, where the headpipes merge. They used to sell a non HS Pro Pipe which didn't include the collector heat shield, I thought they quit selling it.

·
Premium Member
687 Posts
I think the newer design is the pro pipe BP, and I've heard reports that it does not perform as wall as the pro pipe HS. People who like the HS often use a pipe clamp to close off some of the holes in the baffle, and this helps midrange torque. If I recall correctly the baffle in the BP is non-serviceable.

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
murphdog said:
HS stands for heat shield. On the Pro Pipe, the HS means you get a heat shield over the collector, where the headpipes merge. They used to sell a non HS Pro Pipe which didn't include the collector heat shield, I thought they quit selling it.
Murph's right. And there is a big difference in performance from the original PP to the PP HS. Different design not just the heat shields. The new BP does not have a removeable baffle and the HS does. The HS is still the choice for us here.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
GRock said:
Murph's right. And there is a big difference in performance from the original PP to the PP HS. Different design not just the heat shields. The new BP does not have a removeable baffle and the HS does. The HS is still the choice for us here.
GRock, you may be thinking of the "Classic" 2-1 pipe which was indeed way different than the Pro Pipe. The "Original" Pro Pipe was the same as the Pro Pipe HS less the collector heat shield. You could buy the collector heat shield separately for the Original for around $50.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts