V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
wildbillnc
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys lets hear some feedback on the Screamin Eagle Pro Heavy Breather are they as good as a regular Screamin Eagle air cleaner or are they more restrictive

·
wildbillnc
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Has no one tried one yet?

·
Ironbutt
7,415 Posts
I tried a pro heavy breather one time and it didn't do anything for me :laugh: Sorry, i couldn't resist.

·
wildbillnc
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How about some of you tuners have you tuned any bikes with this air cleaner:hmmm:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Have one on my 106ci t.c. Seems to work fine and lets big inch motor breath just fine. My tunner likes it as well,didnt recomend any thing over it . Dont get me wrong,he didnt say it was his num. one pick but also didnt say any one breather is better. Good luck.

·
Banned
4,508 Posts
How about some of you tuners have you tuned any bikes with this air cleaner:hmmm:
Hi Bill!
Have heard from more than one tuner that they are pretty darn good.
All we know, as we have not had one on our Dynojet 150.
Scott

·
Premium Member
5,582 Posts
I have one on my 06 dyna at 98", made absolutely no difference on the dyno when directly compared to the SE/K&N, stage 1 setup. Some of the other aftermarket setups that are built comparable to the heavy breather appear to be very restricive.

·
Registered
117 Posts
You will not see any of the problems on a dyno. All the real improvment will come from the improved intake air temps and the detonation protection. Data log any bagger out on the road and then make your choice. I have seen intake air temps in the 160 degree range in 50 degree weather on baggers.

AW

·
Here for the education!
788 Posts
Now this is some of the most honest numbers I have seen posted in some time!! Be DARN proud of those!

"2003 Electra Glide Clasic
95" Se flat top pistons
Hillside Cycle Stage Three Heads
SE Adjustable Push Rods
Wood TW6G Cams
D&D Fatcat 2 into 1
103HP
106 Torq. "

·
Banned
4,508 Posts
Now this is some of the most honest numbers I have seen posted in some time!! Be DARN proud of those!

"2003 Electra Glide Clasic
95" Se flat top pistons
Hillside Cycle Stage Three Heads
SE Adjustable Push Rods
Wood TW6G Cams
D&D Fatcat 2 into 1
103HP
106 Torq. "
hd,
WildBill had that at 3 different dyno's before he recieved a good tune, at Pro-Street Cycles, in Richmond.
Their numbers are on par with what we know, as they have tuned other builds for our folks in that area.:)
Scott

·
Here for the education!
788 Posts
Nothing wrong with those numbers Scott. They fall right in line with what I have seen. Just glad to seesome honest postings out there!

·
Banned
4,508 Posts
Nothing wrong with those numbers Scott. They fall right in line with what I have seen. Just glad to seesome honest postings out there!
My computer skills are not that great,(or I would post a report) but we were looking at some stuff here from 7-8 years ago in the files, and have SAE stuff showing 111 plus torque, and well north of 116 plus hp on 94.3"(95) on bikes that are still in service today.
Old, old news. Piece of cake to get that going with a carb, and a skilled tuner,(cognitive word here, skilled) should be able to extract even more with EFI.:) It's all good.
Scott

·
Registered
466 Posts
I use one, though I have no basis for comparison with other setups. The problem some folks have with the cone-style intakes is leg room. The Heavy Breather seems to do well in that category (based on my experience and what I've heard others report). As far as air flow, I can't imagine they'd be more restrictive than stage 1. It might also come down to whether or not you like the look of them. One other issue is rain. I have a rain sock, but have yet to use it. I have been caught in some pretty nasty downpours. Was worried like hell about the air cleaner. Engine never skipped a bit.

Someone here's got to have the cfm for different setups. Hopefully they'll chime in.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts