V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
3,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a service manual but it doesn't show a close up photo. The 2 1/4' bolts that hold the nylon shoe have flat washers, not sure if they go behind the lock tab like I have installed (photo attached) or in between the plate and the shoe, or on the backside of the shoe. Also do I have the shoe oriented correct, narrow end of it facing the front of the primary case?
adj.jpg
I've had a M6 in it for a couple years, and forgot how the OE goes. CRS, it ain't fun getting old.

·
Super Moderator
2,959 Posts
The shoe is correct. Looks to me like the washers should go under the head of the bolts.Looks like witness marks on the lock plate.Lock plate,washer,bolt .

·
Registered
3,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Witness marks are where I wiped some fluid and didn't get it all off. It will all get sprayed down and cleaned before I button it up. AlanS is correct the tabs won't contact the bolt heads with the flat washers under them.

·
Registered
841 Posts
And thats why I take a picture or two before I take something apart. My memory has never been that good. If I had a phone when I was a kid my repair jobs would have went much better.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks Therm, knew you or Tall Terry would know for sure. I usually take a photo, but this was taken out of the bike about 4 years ago, and I must have deleted the pic.

·
Premium Member
2,118 Posts
I use nord lock washers there and other places on the bike. Haven't seen one come loose yet.

·
Registered
16,404 Posts
I use nord lock washers there and other places on the bike. Haven't seen one come loose yet.
I had to look that up. Never heard of them, but you can bet your ass I'll be ordering some in different sizes.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts