V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
100th Road Glide
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just ordered from Southern Oregon their kit for my RoadGlide. I only have one concern though. I have an extended warranty on my bike thru 2009. This is probably a mistake installing one of these then. What's you guys take on this. Thanks, Mike

·
Registered
4,820 Posts
dealer dependent

Like most things an honest dealer will probably not make a big deal of your installing the HB-125. But some dealers will use it as an excuse that everything from flat tires to burt out stop lights are a result of using that non-harley part. Meanwhile some dealers are installing them. So who can say for sure.

Probably the best thought is if you have an engine failure, blown piston or valve issue it is not connected. If the primary chain or related gears fail then you arer up the creek. Likewise any issue in the transmission, brakes, or electrical system are independent from the HB-125 installation. Be ready to stand your ground if you need to. The dealer can only run their bluff if you let them.

·
100th Road Glide
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks

toybox,

thanks for your input, I am going to install it anyway, keep my old one just in case. I was thinking on your lines, not much happens on that side of the engine anyway I would think. Heck, if something did since I do my own service they would probably balk anyway. I keep everything documented as well as get the OEM fluids and filters. I just like the way the HB125 is designed and seems like most that have them on this site love them. Thanks again, FDMike

·
Ironbutt
7,412 Posts
FULLDRAWMIKE said:
I just ordered from Southern Oregon their kit for my RoadGlide. I only have one concern though. I have an extended warranty on my bike thru 2009. This is probably a mistake installing one of these then. What's you guys take on this. Thanks, Mike
I wouldn't worry about it. I put the HB-125 in my 03 Heritage after the first 1000 miles. One of the best upgrades i've done. Like with any aftermaket changes you make the dealership would have to prove that a failure was caused by the aftermarket part.

·
Premium Member
1,095 Posts
www.foghollow.com has them for $95, pn G72431

a www.froogle.com search only shows $105 + prices, so direct or foghollow are the best bets i think. Try Ebay as well, i got mine for $85 on ebay early last year

BTW, a new shoe should run around $25

·
Banned
21,644 Posts
Not to mention if something goes wrong, put your old one in.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts