V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1988 Electrar glide I recently replaced transmision with an 2004 and a 1990 clutch for the splin mainshaft. when assemblying the compensator-chain- clutc I notict that he chain is dang close to the inner primary and will probably rub when all is torqued down. All parts went together without a glitch. Is there a spacer behind the clutch and main shaft pully im missing or any adjustment im missing? Looked like the last one had rubbed a seat in the primary and should i help out and grind some clearance in primary? thanks for any insight.:confused:

·
Registered
1 Posts
1988 Electrar glide I recently replaced transmision with an 2004 and a 1990 clutch for the splin mainshaft. when assemblying the compensator-chain- clutc I notict that he chain is dang close to the inner primary and will probably rub when all is torqued down. All parts went together without a glitch. Is there a spacer behind the clutch and main shaft pully im missing or any adjustment im missing? Looked like the last one had rubbed a seat in the primary and should i help out and grind some clearance in primary? thanks for any insight.:confused:
Did you find the problem? Im having the same issues with mine currently. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Did you find the problem? Im having the same issues with mine currently. Thanks.
A 10 year old thread and lagrato hasn't been to the site in 8 years or so. I don't think he'll answer.

Welcome to the forum, there's a few rules you should probably read.

Hopefully someone more knowledgeable about those older bikes can help...

·
Make me use my bullet?
13,007 Posts
Wow! What were the odds of 2 different people trying to put a 2004 tranny and a 1990 clutch into a 1988 EG?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts