V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I know this is a dumb question, but I've been trying to find what the correct change interval is for a 92 evo fxr. Ive seen 5,000 and 10,000 can anybody point me in the right direction. Still working on getting a service manual

·
Registered
8,442 Posts
10,000,, for thetrans aand primary,,, 2500 for engine oil and filter,,,this interval for the engine can be extended with the use of full synthetic oils..

·
Premium Member
4,422 Posts
A few years ago I was standing next to Bone Daddy out in Red Lodge when a guy asked him that same question. His answer..... "change it when it's dirty". I agree with that, except for trans. It will stay pretty clean. Change it at 10 or when dirty, whichever comes first.

The manual will probably tell you 5000. I agree with TT on 10,000 for trans but I go 5000 or when dirty on engine and primary. Since doing skill training, turning tight around cones, I use the clutch a little more than normal. Oil gets dirty and hot, breaks down quicker. If I'm playing in the cones I change it every other session.

·
Registered
8,442 Posts
well yes,, I also agree with jammer since he is operating at a higher more stressful level in the driveline... I would also agree with his recommendations on change intervals based on his operating conditions.. when stock components are in use...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts