V-Twin Forum banner

Price Woes <slight rant>

1K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  Coffee Mugz 
#1 · (Edited)
I went to Manchester H-D yesterday. They have 15 new Fat Boys in stock. They were all 19,500 to 21,500. Yippee-fucking-yahooo!

*frown*

Guess it's going to be a wild-ass search for a bike at MSRP. Why the hell do the dealers have to do that greedy ****? Sheesh!

It sure would be nice to have a dealer close to home that I could trust not to ream me rotton every time I come through the door. Yeah the sales people are all polite and friendly, but they get pissy when you complain about the price. The Jap bike dealers act like they could care less if you bought a bike or not.

Know what? I'm going to buy me a bike at the first dealership that will sell me one at MSRP, and I don't give a rats ass if I have to travel all the way to Florida to get it even if I have to hitchhike there.

*flips the bird*

*frown*

*walks off in disgust*

See less See more
#3 ·
Higmo,

Lots of dealers sell at msrp. (Some then make a few extra bucks with large prep/freight fees.) There have been a number of threads about msrp and dealer pricing. Several members have commented on buying at msrp.

You're likely to get a number of suggestions, like flycastjoe's, about their dealer experiences/prices. Demand for the Fatboy may make it more difficult, not impossible for you to find one at msrp.

Start calling around. I did a quick check on www.hawgeye.com (stealers & dealers) and found a number of sites in New York State that were selling at msrp. I know you are close to New York, so maybe you won't have to drive to Florida. But you may have to wait a while till your bike arrives.

Good luck! Tell us where you eventually buy. ;)

#6 ·
Hey PasadenaJim, that's a good site. I went there and posted, haha!

Yeah I feel a lot better today. My old lady is really cranky right now. She has reason to be. Her brother has a rare form of cancer, and it aint looking too good.

Still, I'm getting my resources together for that new FB. Sweet Lord I can't wait! Woohoo! I'm like a kid who just got promised his first piece of tail!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.