V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have decided to get rid of my Sportster and am looking for a new Dyna Low Rider. I have been looking for about a week now and it seems the typical markup is $3000 to $4000 over MSRP here in Florida. Sorry I'm not willing to pay that much. Is this typical everywhere? Just curious.

·
Registered
119 Posts
What I found when I was shopping for my bike was there are dealers that will sell at list, generally you will not get your bike right away because you are ordering it and anything they already have because they sell at list is already promised. Whatch this thread someone from Florida may post a dealer in FL that does sell at MSRP, and go to the Harley Davidson web page, print out a list of dealers for the area, then call them up 1 by one and ask there price and availability of the bike you want.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll keep an eye on this forum. I have pretty much done exactly what you just stated in your post. I think I have called every dealer in florida, one dealer I spoke to said he sells at list but has no new bikes, doesnt know when he will get any or what he is getting and sells first come first served when the bikes arrive. All the other dealers act like the MSRP on Harley's website doesnt exist. Its kinda funny how the big dealers that mark the bikes way up have 30 bikes in stock but the little guy that sells at list cant get any.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Sorry Bugsy,

But that's just supply and demand, sad to say the guys who marks up his bikes will sell all of them to someone feed up waiting or doesn't care about price. And then the guy who sells at MSRP gets screwed by the scum bags that buy at MSRP then put it them on eBay for thousands more. Oh I really hate those kinds of people, all that does is encourages the good dealers to mark up their bikes. Reasoning is why should the good Dealer not make the money some dippy MoFo is making off of them. I wish every one of those bikes that they buy to sell would spontaneously combust and burn there little treasures up.

There are dealer that sell at MSRP, but you might have to go outside FL. But also watch ask how much their paperwork processing fees is and their set up costs, there are Dealers that get over MSRP but they use the back door to get you. Wish I could refer you to my Dealer but he doesn't sell outside this area, but sells at MSRP with no added costs. Keep an eye on the Dealer section of the BB too. Good luck,

·
Registered
19 Posts
Calls Jim's HD in St. Pete and ask to speak with Tommy (sales manager). I talked with a salesman there and was told they only sell to locals but Tommy said he'd deal if I had a Florida license. On a 03 Heritage he quoted me 20,425 out the door including tax, title and prep which is about 600 over msrp.

·
Registered
4,089 Posts
ziggy101 said:
which is about 600 over msrp.
Welcome to the forum!!!

What a reply to start with! ;)

·
Registered
8,786 Posts
Won't get into all the details in this thread but I decided on a new DynaWG. Local shop, American HD, sells at MSRP. Rode there yesterday and was informed right away that they have no idea on a delivery date and cannot even promise an '03! Went to another today, known for being way over MSRP and found an '02 Wide Glide, in PURPLE yet! Bottom line. $18,165! They did'nt want my 95'Sporty but I can get $4500 for it today. If the guy will give me $5k I will sell it to him. Anyway, going to the Credit Union Monday to talk financing. Good luck to you too!:D

·
Founder/Administrator
1,315 Posts
Wow, did everyone win the lottery but me? Seems as if just about everyone is in the market for a new scooter!?

·
Registered
90 Posts
I was at the local HD dealer today... and they had a Black 2003 FXDWG out the door for 17,750 ( shipping ,setup included)

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
You and me both DP. I'll ride the old RatGlide until she croaks. Then we just make it bigger and better. :D

·
Founder/Administrator
1,315 Posts
HIPPO said:
You and me both DP. I'll ride the old RatGlide until she croaks. Then we just make it bigger and better. :D
Hippo,

I am with you...At these current prices, I will stick with what I got!

I'm trying to blow the motor so I can have an excuse to get inside and give it some "juice".

Well, ok, not really....But her time will come soon enough! :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts