V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking on some opinions on the '03 Fat Boy and value. Right now a 100 yr blk/slvr FB runs about 20k out the door. How much does HD raise bike prices each year? If I have to sell the bike in a yr. or two, what kind of $ hit do you think I'd take? Thanks for your ideas.

·
Registered
135 Posts
From 2002-2003, if I added right, a Heritage went up about $500. I heard the VRod's went up $1500. As for what kind of hit. I think that will totally depend on what the people want. My dealer just sold his own RK and said he only lost about $300. He also said this is not typical. He said a guy called up, wanted a red RK, said there was one on the floor and the guy bought it. I have heard the Fat Boy is the number one seller for Harley. If you have the right color that is popular and a bike that is in demand your hit will not be too bad. People that I have talked to that have sold there bikes say the average hit is about $1000-1500 for a two year old bike. Nothing compared to a metric bike that will loose half it's value in two years. Hope this helps some...

·
Registered
42 Posts
I just picked up an '03 fatboy couple weeks ago. Paid just under 20k for it (gunmetal pearl costs extra). Dealer showed me NADA book value for '02 bikes.... They cost less new than mine and, according to NADA, were worth more used than mine new. FWIW

--John

·
Registered
9,186 Posts
Is this some kind a fuckin joke or what?

If yer in it for the money, fuc the bike and buy the stocks.

I know I can be rude but WTF?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So JimmyK... sit down, take a deep breath and open a beer . We all live a little diff, huh, and if you don't have to think twice about dropping 20k, good for you. For me. it's a reach and the wife's not real happy about it either. So if the money thing doesn't work out for us , it's good to know what I'll be lookin at. As for explaining all this to you, I must be bored.

Peace

·
Registered
9,186 Posts
It ain't about droppin $20k. If that were all it was then it would be STUPID to buy a bike for that much money.

Personally I could care less if you respond to me out of "boredom". If that keeps you off the street, maybe it's a good thing.

·
Registered
104 Posts
not sure, but take this as an example. Paid $16, 8785 for my '02 FLSTF, out the door. Just ordered my '03 and it was $18,300 out the door. Both carbed and black.

·
Infidel
6,331 Posts
fire said:
..... and the wife's not real happy about it either.
fire,

if you OL ain't happy now she sure as hell isn't going to be thrilled when you want to go to stage 1 (trust me, you will want to do this). And that stock seat will have to go. And, oh yeah, some chrome doodads will make it yours.

I'm not trying to dissuade you from buying a Harley. I am trying to tell you that buying that Harley won't be the only time you open your wallet at the dealership.

Just my $0.02

wyo

·
Registered
3,672 Posts
Wallet will open many times

I have to agree. Bike will not be in till the end of NOV. I'm already making a wish list of parts. I know the first will be slip on exhaust or pipes. It has to sound like a harley.

Yes, most of us have to think hard about dropping 20K. Especially when you have a family. I did have to think hard about wanting the bike, I have wanted a HD since 87. I did have to convince the OL now was the time. Yes, I showed her the classifieds for the 1 to 3 year old bikes. The resale hepled me convince her now was the time.

I have no intentions of selling it ever. But it is nice to know they hold there value.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts