V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm curious as to what methods some of you use to prevent theft of items stored in your saddlebags. I have a 2002 FLSTCI with stock bags. The bags on the Heritage have that quick-disconnect feature which allows quick and easy access into the bags without having to unbuckle the straps. It's a nice feature, however you cannot use the H-D Softbag Locks with these types of saddlebags. I know there are products out there such as "Lock your Leathers", which is like a metal lid with a lock on it that is installed inside the bag, but if I can find an alternative to that method I would be a happy camper. Any ideas or suggestions?? Thanks!

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
There is a lock that installs on the soft bags for the RoadKing Classics. It mounts in place of the emblem and works just like the lock on hardbags. Might fit the Heritage bags as they have the same quick release.

I'll look the link up for you after bikeweek.

On the other side while I wouldnt leave my wallet in the bags, I can't recall ever having a problem with anyone going into my saddlebags. There are not that many with suicidal tendencies as you might think.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Hippo...I'm gonna call the place that makes the RKC locks to see if they make something for my bike. If not, I guess I'll go with the Lock Your Leathers. Thanks again for the help!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Here's a pic. of the "Lock your Leathers" on my Heritage bags.

The install was pretty straight forward, and I'm pleased with the quality.

Hope it helps some.

Jimmy T.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks, Jimmy...looks great! I broke down and ordered a set today - they'll be here in a few days. I'm gonna see if I can get a friend to help me install them...hopefully won't have too many problems.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts