V-Twin Forum banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Later style head breather you mean those stamped metal ones? As far as Au to Us we call as what you know to Gas is named petrol here. A gas running engine is LPG . But we have the same name for Diesel fuel. Happy days all. The post was realy about cam inner bearings make sure the rollers spin freely on any harley with exception for pre rollers bush in older harleys

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
No one picked up on the oil cooling im surprised you see cracks that arnt cracks tell me to go to the shop where the motor was built all sorts. That oil tank & cooler and crank was that clean you could eat off it.

·
Registered
5,524 Posts
Glad it is fixed. All non-synthetic base oil, automotive, is mineral oil base stock. Your cam bearing install looks fine, numbers out.

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
...The post was all about pressing in inner cam bearings ....
I get the part about pressing in the cam bearings. Those first 2 pics tell the story. But it would have been better if you had titled it How not to Press in New Torrington's at Cam swap. Or maybe, Bad Things Can Happen When Cam Bearings aren't Installed Correctly. Or maybe even Cam Bearing Swap Lessons Learned. Often, when new members post something like this, it is looking for help when something unexpected or out of their experience has happened. After a while, you'll be a known quantity and people won't think you are a complete newbie.

With all the pics of the shiny new pieces, it did seem like you were making it sound like it was an on-going project. One that you had just gotten back together. Now, going back and totaling up the miles of the various stages looks like over 8500 miles since the original bearing installation. That could be a year, 2 years or more of riding since the problem happened and was rectified.

Sorry to send this one off into the weeds with the breakdown in terminology. Also, you have some good pictures. If nobody said welcome to the forum, I will. Welcome to the Forum.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts