V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for any experienced advice before I take the plunge.

I'm considering a '02 V-Rod, 3,500 miles, has a lot of extra's with lots of chrome, Screaming Eagle pipes, W/S, saddle bags..........

Asking price is around 20G's - working on that, do I have a good deal or should I stick around?

I'm going to have one, is this the one?

2Wheeler

·
Registered
413 Posts
It sort of depends on a couple things. First off is what dealers are selling Vrods at by you. Secondly, of all the extras on the used bike, how many are things that you would actually have wanted anyway. If a lot of the extras are things you wanted anyway, you can probably save some money getting the used one. Take a good look at what he's got on the bike, and figure out how much it would cost you to duplicate all the extras you want. Keep in mind that if this guy is trying to get all his money back for the extras he put on, he's crazy. If he's got 5 grand in extras, he can't realistically expect to get half of that money back out of it.

·
Registered
82 Posts
That sounds about right. I have an '02 with about 8k in accessories and it cost me 29k out-the-door. It was worth every penny!!

·
Registered
149 Posts
You should be able to pick up a brand new 2003 100th Anniversery two tone silver and black paint job for around $19,800.00 from a dealer.

This bike should hold it's valve pretty good plus you can add whatever accessories you want, when you want.

Check out my bike pic under thread "new front headlight"

Pete

·
Registered
22,089 Posts
20K in the UK?! Yeah that's a good price. This is a Country that charges 11 bucks for the damn catalog!!! - I say hell yeah! Offer him 20k right now.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm sorry, I should have been specific - he's quoting in $'s. I took Honky's advice & came up with about $2,800 in extras; there is probably a couple I'm not aware of. My wish list is only another $650. So if he bought it for MRSP and put 3 to 4 grand on he's in for around 20. And that's around what he's asking. To all accounts it's in excellent condition. With current demand should he expect to get what he's put in?

I'm looking but get the feeling it's an OK deal.

Thanks for the input.

·
Registered
906 Posts
Jump on it dude, this bike is well worth the asking price...plus he has some goodies added to it. Is he also going to give you the parts he took off the bike???

$20k?? Yeah I'd say go for it, I know I would do it again!!!

·
Registered
22,089 Posts
Another thing to check, he may still have a transferrable warranty on the bike. You need only get another 1600 miles on it and get the 5000 mi. service for it. how many times do you have to drive around that little island for that anyway? course you could shoot the chunnel and head for the autobahn. Ah crap, now I want to go.

On the other hand if you are spending 31,000 USD, I'll ship you mine for only 29,999 USD!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I must have it wrong - I read somewhere that the intial service is at 1000 & then the next is at 10,000. Have I got it wrong?

Please excuse all the dumbarse questions from a FNG trying to get it right.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for all the advice; finally got my baby. Looked around a while, paid a little more but got what I wanted and it comes with everything on my wish-list.

Standby for more dumbarse questions from a newbie with a big smile on his dial.

·
IronButthead
980 Posts
Congrats! Time to start puttin' some major miles on your new baby! Enjoy!

·
Registered
8 Posts
wish i would have known

i would have sold you my 2003 100th anniversary gold key addition with only 162 miles for 20,000 us $

·
World's Fastest V-roder
1,907 Posts
Hey Nasty,
Why do you want to sell you V-rod already?You have a Classic Bad A$$ Harley.20k is pretty cheap!
Kaz............:confused:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
You would have offered me your machine for 20K Nate, not sold, but thanks. I was definitely after a '02 version with all the extras except the bags and that's what I got, with less than 400 on the clock.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Wellllll????

I dont want to sell it i love every square inch of that bike but for 20k you bet i only paid 17k for it i would just go buy another one

1 - 18 of 18 Posts