V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All... How do you all feel about doing a powerwash on your rides, just to get most of the sand (New Mexico) out of all the hiding spots? Thanks, Dan NM

·
Registered
86 Posts
I don't know Dan,
I use a power washer sometimes on my 4x4 trucks, but not sure it would be a good idea for my scoot. Before you power wash you had better do some bagging and tapeing where you don't want unwanted water to go. This would be time consuming and therefore not worth the effort IMHO.
I suppose it would be ok to use it on the tires and rims, but I just use a brush and soapy water and that works just fine for me.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Nah

I would think that you could also push in the sand etc. with the pressure also these clean by using the water and soap for abrasion . I would just use a hose with lots of volume and low pressure. I think you would be asking for trouble.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Power washing

Absolutely no way jose!!
The washer will force the sand into bearings, it will find its way through casings and into the engine it will destroy your precious ride!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Boys... I damn sure am glad I asked first! This site is definately the cat's ass! Bueno, Dan NM

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
I personally would NEVER use a power washer on my ride!

Friend of mine trashed his wheel bearings washing his with one.Luckily the damage was noticed when the bike was being serviced.

I just don't think it's worth it.
guido

1 - 7 of 7 Posts