V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If anyoue has a used set for sale or rent, I had to change a transmission and need power train alignment tools for baggers 97- 08 thanks.
Does any one know where a set can be bought for under the $370 Georges Garage

·
Registered
15,489 Posts
I made mine out of 1/4" ss tubing and a grommet. Looks just like my rear tire alignment tool, but a little longer.

Sent from my 2 Tin Cans With A String using Tapatalk

·
Registered
271 Posts
I have the factory tools, but to be honest I use 2 laser levels attached to the rear wheel, and alignment to the front wheels, because its the only true way, and a inclinometer to set the vertical

They don't need to be fancy.. these will do...

https://www.summitsource.com/Steren-203-606-16-Inch-Laser-Level-Professional-Horizontal-Vertical-Liquid-Red-Laser-Dot-or-Line-2-AAA-Batteries-Included-VectorAlign-Laser-Level-Part-203606-P9702.aspx

They work great for side car set up also, thats when I started doing that method back in 2003ish

Its pretty cool because the beam lands on your measuring device at the front wheel, tape, ruler, what ever you decide to center the wheel on one side, once you have it parallel, measure the other side beam, and see what the offset is and then correct it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
5 Participants
Greg_E
V-Twin Forum
V-Twin Harley Davidson forum. Discussion on V-Twin Harley Davidson motorcycles including Dyna, Electra Glide, Softail, Sportster, and more.
Full Forum Listing