V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking over several maps I was struck by how rich at 3-4,000rpm/10-40% throttle position. >30% on several maps < only looked at 2:1>. That means while cruising at 70 mph/ 3,000rpm fuel is 30% more than stock. What's YOUR read on this. Fuel consumption <think long distance touring> has gotta suck.

Any thought on this? for example map 807-173.

·
Addicted to American Iron
460 Posts
I know HD maps are lean for EPA purposes or so i am told. I would rather be a little rich with the PC than lean myself.

·
Registered
786 Posts
The canned maps were done in Las Vegas, on bikes owned by locals loaned out as test mules. Hotter than the sun and no humidity there, I think they did a bit of compensation for the LV riding conditions. I live in SoCal and when in Vegas on +100 days if I really try hard I can make my bike run pretty ragged (pinging), and that is with a custom map that runs great here. JM .02
AP

·
Addicted to American Iron
460 Posts
I just had a custom PCIII map done today for my Ultra and it is on the rich side but not much from 2200 on up. Very rich below 2200.

·
(hp x 5252) / rpm = :)
49 Posts
My PCIII is running a bit rich for the break-in of the new 95 build so this may not be of any help but I did notice that 5th Gear @ 3000rpm = 75 mph and 5th Gear @ 3500rpm = 88 mph.

Not sure if this helps your thought process here....:)

·
Registered
98 Posts
I ran a couple canned maps off the Dynojet site for a Stage 1, stock ECU, TC88 setup and the fuel mileage for both (one was for SEII mufflers, the other was for a Kerker 2 into 1 header) was around 32 MPG. Which tells me the map was on the rich side. After a custom dyno map the mileage went up to 42 MPG and the bike ran 100% better.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts