V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
killer sperm
2,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I hope the wait was worth it. $40 + shipping.
Mine is in the mail now. Should have it installed before my date with the tuner on tuesday.

·
Premium Member
389 Posts
I don't get it. Please esplain what is 'Rev X-tend'?

·
killer sperm
2,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It enables Power Commander 111USB equipped Harleys to raise the redline to 6200 rpm's without a SERT or Harley download.

·
Seasoned Prime Member
446 Posts
Milehog said:
It enables Power Commander 111USB equipped Harleys to raise the redline to 6200 rpm's without a SERT or Harley download.
Well, there goes $40!!!:wavey: hehehehe
:wootdnc:

·
Delinquent
1,780 Posts
Milehog said:
Well, I hope the wait was worth it. $40 + shipping.
Mine is in the mail now. Should have it installed before my date with the tuner on tuesday.
Thanks for the heads up.

·
Delinquent
1,780 Posts
csoday said:
Good for you, you picked the best.
You are correct for sure, but you need someone who knows what to do with it when you get it.

That's the only thing keeping me from getting it. Just thought I would point out that some of us are SERT/DYNO/TUNER challanged.

·
Seasoned Prime Member
446 Posts
Cost $40??

Well, I might be missing something but I went to the P.C. website and searched "xtend". I got an Adobe PDF page that you fill in and fax to them. In 5 days they email you the "Unlock Code" for your bike. You have to send them your VIN and P.C.III usb serial #. Doesn't say anything about sending them $40.......:unsure:
:xhere:

·
Restless
1,672 Posts
So in other words, all this time Dyno Jet was saying they were working on a new Power Commander that would have this feature when all along it would work with the latest available PC units by just performing a simple software operation with an unlock key?

I may not have all the facts quite right on that but I'm thinking that's what I recall. Somethin' just seems kind of fishy.

·
Seasoned Prime Member
446 Posts
timbo said:
So in other words, all this time Dyno Jet was saying they were working on a new Power Commander that would have this feature when all along it would work with the latest available PC units by just performing a simple software operation with an unlock key?

I may not have all the facts quite right on that but I'm thinking that's what I recall. Somethin' just seems kind of fishy.
Hell, I don't know if it needs to be a recall. I'll be happy with the "key". Too bad they'll only unlock it to 6200 rpm, not that I ever go there......hehehe:chopper:

·
Registered
11 Posts
This is what I got after the fax

The rev extension request you sent in is only for sport bikes. For harleys you will need to send the unit in to us to be updated for $20.00 or you can purchase the upgrade kit for $40.00. Please give us a call for more information. Thanks.

·
Seasoned Prime Member
446 Posts
jcorso1111 said:
The rev extension request you sent in is only for sport bikes. For harleys you will need to send the unit in to us to be updated for $20.00 or you can purchase the upgrade kit for $40.00. Please give us a call for more information. Thanks.
Well, now I'm pissed and I will be contacting them. Basically, they can kiss my lily white a$$. You pay $300 for their overpriced sh!t and then they want $40 for something that should have been included in the first place. That sucks!!! Can you say SERT.......Excuse my rant.=devil=

·
Infidel
1,428 Posts
Someone with a Power Commander should buy the $40 programmer that allows unlimited upgrades and offer the upgrade to the forum members for say $1.00. If I had a PC I'd do it. Check out the link above, that's what I'm getting from it.

·
Seasoned Prime Member
446 Posts
Gulfstream said:
Someone with a Power Commander should buy the $40 programmer that allows unlimited upgrades and offer the upgrade to the forum members for say $1.00. If I had a PC I'd do it. Check out the link above, that's what I'm getting from it.
That's kinda what I've decided to do. I'm ordering the program today. As long as it isn't specifc to my serial # I'll unlock other PC III usb's. If it's specific to just my serial # I probably won't be able to. I'll have to check it out when I get it.:hmmm:

·
GottaRideS'more
278 Posts
Ordered it Sunday night and received it today. (Really fast)
Installed (upgraded) both units, and yes - it extends the revs up to 6,500.
It's nice to have when you need it.

My only concern is why is the bike is limited to the lower rev limit to begin with. Am I going to slowly kill my engine if I rev high on occasion?

1 - 20 of 37 Posts