V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
killer sperm
2,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Power Commander is still working on it's Rev X-tend feature and hopes to release it by the end of the year. We'll see.

·
Premium Member
4,701 Posts
I'm curious. Is it safe for the engine to go beyond 6,200 RPMs? How high can TC go? Also, is there power at those high RPMs?

·
Registered
3,981 Posts
Will this be a software upgrade for older PCIII's or only for new ones or maybe a PC/IV? What else have you heard?

·
killer sperm
2,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No additional info. That's all I got from them.
I'm considering postponing my build to see how this turns out. Though this may fall into the " fool me once shame on you, fool me twice...." catagory.

·
Registered
3,981 Posts
Milehog said:
No additional info. That's all I got from them.
I'm considering postponing my build to see how this turns out. Though this may fall into the " fool me once shame on you, fool me twice...." catagory.
Well, I'm going ahead with mine, talked to the dyno guy a Latus and am confident he knows what he's doing so gonna get a SERT so I don't ever have to worry about a PC failure. So, I will have gone from DFO to PCIII to SERT. Talk about taking the long (and expensive) way...

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
adlerx said:
Well, I'm going ahead with mine, talked to the dyno guy a Latus and am confident he knows what he's doing so gonna get a SERT so I don't ever have to worry about a PC failure. So, I will have gone from DFO to PCIII to SERT. Talk about taking the long (and expensive) way...
I went the same way only the PCIIIusb was a dud so I can not say how it performed but ended up buying the SERT too...........have not begun to use it yet but will do so in the coming days.

Still on the DFO and got to say.........tuned for the new pipes in minutes.

I expect the SERT to get me in the ballpark for my basically stock build....then I will play with it until I get my bike going where I want it to go then when I do my build I should be up to speed or close enough there abouts to work any issues through as over here we dont have a dyno to go to.

All the best, Ozzie

·
OldFart
139 Posts
Rev-x-tend

The long overdue Rev-x-tend has finished testing and works. It will require a firmware upgrade to an existing PC-3-usb. A flash for your PC-3 if you will. Still trying to figure out if the Power Commander tuning centers will be given the means to perform this firmware upgrade right on your PC-3 equipped bike. Oh,,, it ain't gonna be free either, probably 25 bucks. A "b" model twinkie should not be taken above 6,200 RPM.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts