V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 03 fatboy EFI. My ? is placement of power commander. In the instructions it says to push down on fuse box cover to make it even with the fuse box retainer so the power commander will lay even across retainer plate and fuse cover.Problem is the fuse box cover is about 1 inch above the retainer plate and when you push down it doesnt move much. There are all kind of wires under fuse box keeping it from being pushed down. Do I just go for it and force the fuse box down ar should I try something else?? I put front part of power commander on top of the fuse box with it being about an inch above retainer plate with velcro, but I am worried that the seat is putting to much pressure on the power commander. Any suggestions?? Thanks

·
Registered
985 Posts
It works. Follow the instructions, if I recall you have to take the fuse block out and break off a tab that prevents the block from going down further. It's not the wires keeping it from being pushed down, it is this tab? of some description. Or maybe I had to bend a tab, not break it.
If you have no luck with it I will look it up. Let me know.
I have a '02 FB and it was fairly simple to install and setup.
Go for it.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Chops, I couldnt get the fuse box as low as I think it should be, the tabs you are talking about are on the retainer, bent them down but cover still wouldnt go lower, it may have been ok but I didnt know how much pressure was being put on the wires under the fuse box with the seat and my weight resting on it. I move the connectors up on the Electronic Control Module so I could get the power commander between the fuse box and under the connectors. this seems ok. I guess it alright as long as I can get the seat back on? Its tight under there. Thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts