V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
973 Posts
Ferret,
I also installed the PC111r on Sunday, took 1.5 hours...very simple.
I have a 02 Fatboy also, stock ECM, stock air, Longshots with baffles.
(I have an Arlen Ness big sucker on order)
I used the 805-002 - I noticed a SMOOTHER throttle right out of the garage!
I did not buy the adapter, but me thinks you really need this powered up on the bike while connected to a laptop to see what's going on.
When The big Sucker comes in , I am downloading 805-008.
You still have restrictive pipes, so try something like 002.
With tons of these things being sold and used, I believe they are the only long term solution if you're going to be playing with modifications.
You didn't mention if you had stock ECM or not, it does make a difference in maps.

.....PS I bought and installed the Doss Wide tombstone...looks great

· Registered
973 Posts
Wiggs,
This was not a plug-n-play, but worth the effort. No you don't have
to drill holes (optional), I did not, and fits great after a little tweaking of the supplied light bracket. The new bracket bolts on a existing hole hidden from view.
There is no place to put the molex connectors/plugs/printed circuit board that reside in the original light, so I taped it up well (the printed circuit board) and nylon tied it up into the fender well away from tire travel. Also, the appearance outcome will depend on how *well* HD finished the spot welds that are hidden behind the original light. These welds, although painted, could look rough. These welds will become visible because the wide tombstone will not cover in width what the OEM light did. My welds were negligible, if you really look for them they are there, but not noticeable. It's a tradeoff I'm comfortable with. This light should come with the bike from the Factory. Directions say take off the rear tire-not necessary. A good 1/4" drive rachet with handle extension is though.Pictures to be posted soon. Let me know if you need further.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.