V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
06 Wide Glide Power Commander and check engine light

So I got my Ness Big sucker-V&H Big Radius and power commander PC111 installed on my 06 Wide Glide and now on day 3 the check engine light is coming on..
It came on for about 2 seconds than went away just after all work was done so I figured it just threw a code from unplugging the ECU and kept it in memory but Yesturday the ck engine light came on 2 miles into my ride and didn't go off until I shut her down.

I called the dealer and he is telling me that Power commander is having problems with the 06-07 bike's with 0-2 sensor's? I wired in the eliminators so they should be out of the loop correct?

Anybody have info on this? The bike runs strong with no hickup's other than some popping on decel.

·
Premium Member
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So I got my Ness Big sucker-V&H Big Radius and power commander PC111 installed on my 06 Wide Glide and now on day 3 the check engine light is coming on..
It came on for about 2 seconds than went away just after all work was done so I figured it just threw a code from unplugging the ECU and kept it in memory but Yesturday the ck engine light came on 2 miles into my ride and didn't go off until I shut her down.

I called the dealer and he is telling me that Power commander is having problems with the 06-07 bike's with 0-2 sensor's? I wired in the eliminators so they should be out of the loop correct?

Anybody have info on this? The bike runs strong with no hickup's other than some popping on decel.

·
Premium Member
311 Posts
jonno said:

What DTC code did you get ?

( search forum for how to read DTC codes )

Fred

·
Premium Member
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The code refered to the front cylinder o2 sensor being opened...
I have the o2 eliminatots installed so I am thinking I may have a problem with one of my eliminators...?

·
Premium Member
311 Posts
Hi Jonno,

i will sugest that you remove the front o2 eliminator
put dielectric grease or WD-40 on the conector then
check also the cables if still error you may swap rear o2 bung with front to check if the eliminator is bad.

good luck

Fred

·
Premium Member
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well we have tried everything and I am still bringing up a check engine light..
Check engine code: P0154
Can somebody check this for me??

The Tech at Harley says the code is for an open front cylender 02 sensor and he tried swapping them,die electrig grease,etc and no go..
He says he has seen a few with the same problem and seems to think the eliminators are at fault and Power commander has yet to recognize the issue...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts