V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Harley use to sell powder coated rocker box spacers in several colors for the EVO, I had them on my softail. I can not locate them anyplace for the TC. Anybody have a source or would I just have to get mine done?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,217 Posts
I didn't think the TC had a spacer? At least not that thin center type thats on the EVO. :huh: Are you powdercoating the center of the rocker box? That would look different!! :brows:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
29 Posts
yes our shop can small to large items, from one item to a hundred. we specialize in custom powder coating(multi color,fades and graphic in the powder. we wil ship anywere in the usa also. check out the web site
www.gforcecoatings.com

steve
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the info, I will give you a call, the TC doesent have the same spacer set up as the evo, its actually the lower half of the rocker box. I want to do them in the Lava red sunglow to match the paint and I will be tearing it down shortly for the build if the wifey approves the budget!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,217 Posts
Peacekeeper said:
Thanks for the info, I will give you a call, the TC doesent have the same spacer set up as the evo, its actually the lower half of the rocker box. I want to do them in the Lava red sunglow to match the paint and I will be tearing it down shortly for the build if the wifey approves the budget!
That should look different and real cool! I haven't seen one of the TC's done like that yet. Would you post a pic after?

And thanks Steve. We will be talking soon

Rick
 

·
IronButt
Joined
·
6,364 Posts
gfcsteve

I do coating myself for small items, mainly just for me but now that I am blacking out my scoot I would be intrested getting a qoute. I am looking to black out all the chrome on mine, I never have time to do it myself, and I am wanting it mint. and all to match, There are tons of shops here in phoenix but all that I have called are not really willing to say that will match, not sure why but I am looking for super cat black. I bought about 8 lbs of all kinds of black from several places to find one that i liked. In the process I think I have done a entire bike testing out the colors. What type of shipping policy do you have?? Thanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
29 Posts
HDWRENCH said:
gfcsteve

I do coating myself for small items, mainly just for me but now that I am blacking out my scoot I would be intrested getting a qoute. I am looking to black out all the chrome on mine, I never have time to do it myself, and I am wanting it mint. and all to match, There are tons of shops here in phoenix but all that I have called are not really willing to say that will match, not sure why but I am looking for super cat black. I bought about 8 lbs of all kinds of black from several places to find one that i liked. In the process I think I have done a entire bike testing out the colors. What type of shipping policy do you have?? Thanks

HDWRENCH, we have been in biz for about 6 years now. as far as matching a certain color in powder the reason you can't get another shop to say that they can match is because that is sometimes hard to do. it is possible to buy the same the same color from two different vendors and get different resultsbut it sounds like you already know what black you want to use and what vendor it come from.we usually ship ups, but we will ship with other companies if the price is right. the shipping prices are not included in the quote because if i can ship it at a cheaper rate then i will everyone prefers to save some money.i prefer if the customer e-mails pic of the item before i give the quote, that way there are no misunderstandings about the quoted price. no work is done untill the quote is approved.
 

·
IronButt
Joined
·
6,364 Posts
I know that I could do it but that is not my area of talent I have been messing with it, my buddys love it as i do their parts for free, I am pretty good at it, the masking thing is tough though. I have a Billet belt gaurd for the open primary the flamed one and i want it black but the machined part left polished and I have tried on a few other things and not had very good luck. AS I have a headwinds light that I want black but cannot get myself to do it as I paid too much to mess it up LMAO!!! I guess bottom line is I like it for brackets and such that I make or small parts. Not that I really have the extra time, and the mess it makes. I made a box and such to spray into but still it gets else where in the shop and I have engines that are being built not a good combo. I will get in touch with you and send you pictures or a list of the items I want black and we can go from there. Thanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
29 Posts
the flamed part you are talking about, that is no problem for uswe do that kind of thing alomst every day. the masking part of it takes some practice and alot of patients. be glad to help you out. look forward to hearing from you.
steve
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts
Hey gfcsteve...
Went to your website and looked at your pictures. I think I've seen some of your work. A friend of mine (Donnie) had some pretty cool stuff done on his bike the week before Christmas, and I think one of the pictures I saw on your site is actually his. His part was some kind of wierd texture silvery color with flames done in like the original Harley wrinkle black. The picture you have doesn't really do it justice, so I was wondering if it was the same piece or not, because that was just so cool! Donnie has a hard time convincing people it's all done in powder, but he watched it being done, so he KNOWS it is. If that's your work gfcsteve, you did a GREAT job.

By the way, Donnie told me you can do all kinds of graphics in the powder, not just flames. Got any pictures? If so, PM me.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,765 Posts
gfcsteve said:
yes our shop can small to large items, from one item to a hundred. we specialize in custom powder coating(multi color,fades and graphic in the powder. we wil ship anywere in the usa also. check out the web site
www.gforcecoatings.com

steve
I just checked out your website. Nice work and good prices.
 

·
EASY DOES IT
Joined
·
8,914 Posts
gfcsteve said:
the flamed part you are talking about, that is no problem for uswe do that kind of thing alomst every day. the masking part of it takes some practice and alot of patients. be glad to help you out. look forward to hearing from you.
steve
Hmmm...I'm looking for a stock Harley color (Vivid Black) for some parts and may consider doing all the tins but I'm looking for a multi-color ghost flame finish...is that a doable in powder?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
29 Posts
yea that is doable. there are several differant method we can do to get the ghost flame effect. email me with more details or call me and i am sure that we can help. go to www.gforcecoatings.com all my contact info is there. there is usually someone there to answer the phone till 9pm eastern time.

steve
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top