V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Black 07 883 low and love the way the engine on the Nightster looks. You think it would be hard to get the engine powder coated like that? I think I only want the top part done, like the cooling fins in black.

I would love to have the wire wheels too. They are brand new for $800. Anyone know where I can score a used set for cheaper, maybe ones that can be painted as well. I really like the Bobster black look. I would like to emulate that as much as possible with my 883. Ideas?

·
I haven't seen your bird.
8,499 Posts
I can't help with advice on how to achieve the look you're striving for, but I also really like that whole flat-black look in motorcycles — either that or lots of shiny chrome. Two extremes. I like 'em both. Just not on the same bike. Too bad I can only afford one.

·
Registered
103 Posts
look on ebay for "sportster big bore" and find black cylinders, you can use it as an opportunity to bore it out to a 1200 for olnly about $400

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Won't there be allot of money in parts and remapping of the computer to up size the engine size? I’m pretty satisfied with the power for now.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts