V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Soar like an Eagle
2,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dyno sheet from '06 RG with 103" stock crate motor (same motor as in the '06screamin' eagle Ultra), stage 1, SERT, and mufflers by fullsac with the 2" baffles.

I have seen bigger numbers from other 103's but this thing is running very well with the map created from this dyno session. Use this thread to post up your dyno sheet from your build. Show me what you got.

·
Premium Member
290 Posts
Hi,

This is from my 98 kit from GMR Performance (HDWrench). It's got 98 millennium cylinder kit (9.7/1 compression), Andrews G-37 cams, and SE slip-on's. GMR also ported the heads for me. Note: I had V & H short Big Shots and was 30hp lower. I think the results are fantastic. Many thanks to HDwrench, HDMD88, and Brian at Zebka HD for my results.

Stan

·
Registered
245 Posts
Its just a wee little 88 inch sportster

·
Banned
5,114 Posts
Stashu11 said:
Hi,

This is from my 98 kit from GMR Performance (HDWrench). It's got 98 millennium cylinder kit (9.7/1 compression), Andrews G-37 cams, and SE slip-on's. GMR also ported the heads for me. Note: I had V & H short Big Shots and was 30hp lower. I think the results are fantastic. Many thanks to HDwrench, HDMD88, and Brian at Zebka HD for my results.

Stan
Looks like Brian had the smoothing on #1 looking for a problem and forgot to take it off #1 before printing the graph, usually operators will go to smoothing #5 or even #3 before printing....thats the roughness you see in the line.
Enjoy the extra power Brian got you Stan...be careful.

·
DHARMA Initiative
5,678 Posts
My wifes stock 883 Sportster.

:whisper:Just kidding! :laugh: :bleh:

·
Infidel
6,331 Posts
Road Glider said:
Dyno sheet from '06 RG with 103" stock crate motor (same motor as in the '06screamin' eagle Ultra), stage 1, SERT, and mufflers by fullsac with the 2" baffles.

I'd bet some good heads would get you +10 HP/TQ.

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
dyno sheet manipulation??

is it possible to manipulate the dyno sheets to show false results?
does it matter what gear you are in when you make the run on the dyno? or how would this affect your results.
i have had my bike run on two different dynos, and got different results from each...
one from the dealership who wants it to look good..
one from a tuner who tells me it needs to be tuned and should be getting more power..
if this is not the right place to ask this question, please send me in the right direction...
thanks

·
Registered
9,250 Posts
is it possible to manipulate the dyno sheets to show false results?
YES

does it matter what gear you are in when you make the run on the dyno? or how would this affect your results.
YES -- YOU GET HIGHER NUMBERS IN 5TH GEAR RUNS. MOST CONSIDER A 4TH GEAR RUN TO BE MORE ACCURATE. MANY ALSO PROVIDE A 5TH GEAR RUN FOR "BRAGGING RIGHTS."

i have had my bike run on two different dynos, and got different results from each...
one from the dealership who wants it to look good..
one from a tuner who tells me it needs to be tuned and should be getting more power..
TO BE EXPECTED. DIFFERENT DYNOS, DIFFERENT DAYS, DIFFERENT WEATHER CONDITIONS, DIFFERENT OPERATORS = DIFFERENT RESULTS.

WHILE SOME OPERATORS MIGHT SKEW RESULTS INTENTIONALLY, FROM MY LIMITED EXPERIENCE, IT SEEMS A LOT OF DYNO OPERATORS AREN'T ALL THAT EXPERIENCED OR WELL-TRAINED IN PROPERLY USING THE TOOL OR TUNING.

if this is not the right place to ask this question, please send me in the right direction...
TWO MEMBERS -- HDMD AND HDWRENCH TEACH THIS STUFF AND ARE EXTREMELY KNOWLEDGEABLE - YOU MIGHT SEARCH THEIR POSTS. ANOTHER SOURCE FOR AN OVERVIEW IS HERE - http://www.bishopsperformance.com/dynoinfo.htm

FWIW - DYNOS ARE SIMPLY TOOLS THAT PUT METRICS TO AN ENGINE'S OUTPUT. THEY ALLOW YOU TO ACCURATELY TRACK THE IMPACT OF TUNING INPUTS AND COMPONENT CHANGES. WHEN MAKING CHANGES, YOU WANT TO GET A BASELINE FIRST, AND USE THE SAME DYNO, IDEALLY ON THE SAME DAY, AND WITH THE SAME OPERATOR IN ORDER TO RULE OUT ANY OTHER FACTORS.
thanks

·
World's Fastest V-roder
1,907 Posts
My Worlds Fastest V-rod Dyno sheet.

This was one I had at the KC Shootout :eek: !Wound up getting crazy and Fogging the intercooler and Turbo with N2O and Killed her !:thumbsdn: Before I had a chance to make some real power "I didn't have my RT Tuner with me so I left it with my SAFE Bonneville Tune up " stock 1130cc" and my Super Kaz Racing Turbo system!:harhar: http://www.v-twinforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=64105 I made 305rwhp and Killed one in testing but if Sponsership come through I will be building a 500rwhp NOPI Shootout ALKY, Turbo, Big Bore ,Stroker on N2O:yikes: !

·
Premium Member
288 Posts
Air Cleaner Arlen Ness Big Sucker Stage I
Exhaust Khrome Werks Slip-On Mufflers

·
Soar like an Eagle
2,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
95", HTCC CNC ported heads, 211 cam, SERT, propipe

Stock twin cam 88", stock pipes and intake: 66 HP 75 TQ
After build up with parts list below: 86 HP 93 TQ

Parts list on motor build up:
95" Big Bore Kit P/N 16546-99 Screamin' Eagle Ported HTCC Heads P/N 16925-02A Screamin' Eagle Intake Manifold P/N 29635-99 Screamin' Eagle HTCC Pistons P/N 22439-00A Screamin' Eagle perfect fit pushrods P/N 18402-03 SE-211 cams P/N 25152-00 Screamin' Eagle Race Tuner P/N 32107-01B Vance & Hines Propipe HS Arlen Ness Big Sucker airfilter

·
Do'in the chicken dance
3,629 Posts
95" cnc htcc heads htcc pistons 10.5 to 1 585 s&s cams vance and hines pro pipe 50mm se throttlebody stage 1 air cleaner fueling oil pump

·
Just Ride It
57 Posts
My Dnyo Sheet

The numbers look good but are they? I don't understand the difference between CF:UNCORRECTED vs CF:SAE. Can someone explain to me if my numbers are "real". Bike pulls GREAT from 2400 RPMs to 4000 RPMs compared to how it was stock, I'm very pleased with my build as this is what I was looking for more Torque.

04 FLHT EFI
95 stage 2
SERT
HD Touring pipes

Steve

·
Premium Member
304 Posts
95" Stage 2 ECU, SE Performance heads, Flat tops, Woods TW6, Rinehart True duals/2" Baffles, PC3USB, High Five Breather. 93HP/101TQ 4th Gear Run.

View attachment 30474

·
Doofaluumpa
188 Posts
I've already posted this before, but since it's show and tell.........:gun:

1 - 20 of 37 Posts