V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
401 Posts
This is my 2008 Ultra Classic 105th anniversay edition. Its number 150 of 7000 to be made. Compared to my 06 ultra classic this machine rides and runs so much better. Shifting is solid, neutral easy to find. No more clunking, I like the new TBW, abs brakes and all other improvements HD made. Runs great, looks great and were happy with it.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Just picked up an 08 FLTR Candy Red Sunglow. Took delivery with a stage 1 kit, reflash and some SE slip-ons. The bike is so smooth and responsive. Being an Electra glide rider for my last two bikes I'm having a little trouble getting used to the windshield and seat. Other than that WOW what a ride. It's my first F/I bike which is nice and Harley really did a good job with the Stereo system they selected. The 6 gallon tank and Six speed are just what the doctor ordered

:thumbsup:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
291 Posts
'08 ElectraGlide Classic - Victoria, BC
Took delivery 3 weeks ago. '08 EGC, Pacific Blue Pearl, ABS, Cruise. Very happy with the bike. Smooth through all gears. A small amount of whine in 5th - not a problem. No heat issues, bike doesn't seem to be too lean, but it is November, and it is Canada. Haven't put it away for winter yet, so still riding between the showers. I have a SERT, V&H Classics, just waiting for the SE Air Filter. Lower Fairings, Quick Release for the TourPak, Heated Grips, Smart Siren 2 w/pager and have added a few pieces of chrome. It's all good.

Attachments

·
Registered
58 Posts
My 08 FLTR

Onto this after 6 years and 90,000 Kms on a 02 Standard.
Things I like;
Brakes. Good for Brembo! No more swish noise as I pull into the parking lot.
Motor. A little more torque.
FI. No more carb fartz when the bike is trying to warm up.
Fixed fairing. A little more stable in the wind.
6th gear (although I like the secondary roads more than the highway so I don't use it much, it's there when I need it).
The looks (vain, but I love the black and chrome motor with the black bike, and dual headlights).

Not too crazy about;
Engine heat. I have the true duals on and I am working on the sert.
Windshield. I am getting a bit of buffeting, so a taller window is on the way.
A slight bit of 5 gear noise, but next oil change may help that.

It took me a while to get the other bikes modified to my comfort level, and this one is coming along nicely. The CEO likes the ride of this one and is more comfortable than she was on the last few, so it's a +++ ride!

·
Premium Member
94 Posts
Other than the bars I can't find anything I dislike. I added Rush slip on (1.75), AC and SERT. Runs great. I think I'd like some bars that are a little higher and maybe a little more pullback, but I'll ride a while before changing.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
My new 08 SE Ultra Anniv Ed # 56

Here is my newest ride, she is great, just had Rinehart True Duals put on and it cooled her down in the heat aspect but opened her bark up nicely.

DSC01077.JPG

You can see my riding partner "Grumpy" he just loves the open rode, we put 43K on my 05 and he never complained.........LOL

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
2008 FLHR, picked up at the dealership around three weeks ago. No noise in gears like 07 bikes with the exception of slight whir after downshifting into first. Vibrates a lot at idle but dissipates quickly with slight acceleration. Noticed mild throttle hand wrist buzz on prolonged highway cruising at speed; cured with cruise control. Very slight rear end groaning occasionally noticeable at real low speeds, seems brake associated. Little bit of heat noticeable on right side at prolonged slow speeds while in traffic.

All in all, I'm quite happy with this bike. Threw on some highway pegs and I'm in hog heaven.

Zoo

·
"Jane you ignorant slut!"
2,292 Posts
In the signature.

Rear brake squeels like a mother! Dealer tells me it needs new pad mounting pins that Harley is holding them up on. I'm betting after installation it still squeels.

Other than that, a beautiful machine!

Chris

·
Registered
143 Posts
2008 LowRider
V&H Big Shot Staggered
SE Air
Sert

Love the bike.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
ceraaa42 said:
In the signature.

Rear brake squeels like a mother! Dealer tells me it needs new pad mounting pins that Harley is holding them up on. I'm betting after installation it still squeels.

Other than that, a beautiful machine!

Chris
The dealership didn't admit to changing the pins but after my thousand miler no more break squeal.

Zoo

·
Wicked!
6,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
johngary said:
Well here's what we gave ourselves for our fortieth anniversary. I'm 65. 65 + 40 = 105.

Congrats! Beautiful ride! All of them, just gorgeous! :thumbsup:

I'm actually kind of shocked I don't have much more post than that...:hmmm:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts