V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All, I want to post some pictures...I am new to the forum...can you tell me how to post and share pictures?
Thanks
John

·
Laughing Poseur
5,259 Posts
that looks healthy....how bout a little info on that motor?

·
The Best Me I Can Be
22,765 Posts
nice motor
Yeah.

No offense there, OP, but the frame makes an FXR; and that ain't. Aftermarket makers sometimes call 'em FXR (style) 'cause they're rubber mounts.

There's a triangle in the frame, about 12 inches diameter, below the seat (where your oil tank is) on an FXR.

joe

·
Registered
5,739 Posts
yah but that is a nasty little bike

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yes i made the pipes 2 1/8 2 1/4 2 1/2 you can not buy pipes for this set up nothing will fit 4 bolt flange no gasket port diammeter is the same as inside diameter as 2 1/8 not 1 5/8 also it does leak or has a gasket to shroud the port

·
Super Moderator
20,923 Posts
Looks like my confusion has been addressed.

Does it still have the FXR swing arm/tranny mount? Perhaps an FXR brake peddle?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hi Thermodyne, glad to see that your confusion has been addressed. I couldn't go the route of destroying a good HD frame so I bought a Kenny Boyce frame instead and built my FXR my way.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
hi thermodyne harley swing arm are not wide enough for my application did not want to cut up a stock one pivot mount for for trany are billet alluminum inside and out no rubber no flexing lanch hard go straight brake pedal shaved and chromed thanks for your interest john

·
Registered
741 Posts
That's an FXR like Chaz Bono is a dude.

Nice bike but absolutely no FXR. I see those Kenny Boyce framed "FXR's" come up on Craigslist from time to time. Thanks, Kenny Boyce, for clearing things up.... I hope you made a lot of money selling those frames. Maybe Kenny should call those "Trans-Modeled" FXR frames.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts