V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am very happy with my '06 FXST, however, now after the fact (as I ususally do) I have developed an interest in the '06 Streetglide. I am interested in doing some distance riding with the wife and I really like the new Streetglide. I have had my FXST since mid Sept. 2005. (I am not interested in putting bags, windshield and a different seat on my FXST - in case that idea comes up).

My question is, is it possible to trade in my bike towards the purchase of a Streetglide? I have a lot of accessories, SERT and the typical pipe changes, Stage 1 etc... I have about 1500 miles on the FXST.

Throwing another bike into the mix, I am also into the Road King, perhaps 2004 - 2005 models. Same would apply as listed above but a trade in on a used bike?

What should I look for, or am I out of the running so to speak...?

I know the Streetglide is a very popular bike right now.

·
Premium Member
290 Posts
If you have the money to burn go for it. Your best bet would be to stumble across a person who was otherwise going to purchase a bike like yours as well as his or her planning to add the same extra's that you have. Even then I do not think you will recover the price you paid "before" having the extra's installed. -2$en#e-

·
Ironbutt
7,412 Posts
I'm sure there are pleny of dealers out there that would be willing to take your bike in on a trade. Of course they are not going to give you anything near what you paid for it. You'd be better off putting the stock parts back on the bike and selling to an individual. You can either keep the custom parts or sell them on ebay.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts