V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don’t know if any of you check eBay but man the Posers are coming out of the woodwork! I have seen at least 5 V-Rods within the last several weeks that have anywhere from 18 to 900 miles on them. Looks like if you’d want to pick-up one now is the time.

Just today there was one posted that had only 18 miles and the reserve was $16,500, sounds like a fairly good deal to me anyway.

I can’t see anyone buying one of these bikes and not riding it, and 18 miles! I guess the person who purchased it got a lot of mileage out of telling there friends about it. I picked mine up in late May and have 3000 miles on it. I know that’s not a lot but heck I only live 9 miles from work.

Dave

·
Registered
146 Posts
There sure seems to be some good deals had if you're willing to take a chance. I even have seen a couple good deals around the Houston area, less than 1K miles for $14,000. Almost makes me want to buy another one.:D

·
Registered
414 Posts
I don't know about the rest of the country but here in Seattle, number 1 in unemployment, I was offered a new 2003 vrod for $17,500!
I believe this is $500 UNDER list.
While at the same time another stealer is still in fantasy land asking $21,000.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
MSRP & no waiting

ricky said:
I don't know about the rest of the country but here in Seattle, number 1 in unemployment, I was offered a new 2003 vrod for $17,500!
Here in the SF Bay Area, #2 in unemployment:mad: Vrods are stacking up at dealers everywhere along with the rest of the H-D line-up.
The owner at my dealer said his biggest problem is people backing out of deals when the bike arrives. That's how a buddy of mine got his Fatboy last week.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I have heard that HD was producing and delivering 2003 customer order models well ahead of the contract delivery date. Mine, for instance, arrived two months early. Caught off gaurd, many buyers have had to back out of their deals, thus one of the reasons for dealer overstock.

Here in the upper Midwest spring initiates a rebound in bike sales and the overstock disappears fast.

Last summer, a 2002 V-Rod was listed for 23 grand at the local Honda dealer. It was quickly snapped up by an HD dealer for a customer who wanted a first year model.

Pete

·
Free Idears Available
2,270 Posts
Posers with harleys are nothing new...what's new with the V-rod is harley's losing value so fast.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
V-Rod value

logical said:
...what's new with the V-rod is harley's losing value so fast.
Respectfully disagree logical.
I Just did an ebay search for Vrods, Fatboys and Road Kings. An 02 Vrod routinely goes for over 15K+. I couldn't find any 02 Fatboys at 15K and the only RKs over 15K were new 03 ScreaminEagles (which are highly desirable and very hard to find). Vrods appear to be holding their value as good or better than the other popular Harleys.

·
Free Idears Available
2,270 Posts
You may be right rhauft....harleys in general aren't holding onto value like they did. Supply has finally caught up with demand i guess. I had only looked at the V-rod sales and hadn't noticed the others were slipping too.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
V-Rods don't hold their value when you paid $23K for one when it first hit the streets. Even in May 02, the closest Dealer to the one I purchased my bike from wanted $20K, $3,000 over MSRP. I got mine for $75 less than MSRP. But I am glad prices are becoming more reasonable, at least now people who couldn’t afford the price gouging can get one and enjoy it.

·
Registered
725 Posts
I think V-Rod volume is a regional thing. I've heard of slow sales in places, and hot sales elsewhere. Here in Colorado, many are pre-ordered, and when one makes it to the floor it sells rather quickly at a price slightly above MSRP.

It is easy to note the unsold V-Rod on the sales floor. It sticks out. But you know, I sure see a lot of unsold big twins.

·
Infidel
6,331 Posts
sfarson said:
I think V-Rod volume is a regional thing. I've heard of slow sales in places, and hot sales elsewhere. Here in Colorado, many are pre-ordered, and when one makes it to the floor it sells rather quickly at a price slightly above MSRP.

It is easy to note the unsold V-Rod on the sales floor. It sticks out. But you know, I sure see a lot of unsold big twins.
At the dealership I frequent (East Coast HD), I'd say they have at least 8 or 9 (maybe even a dozen) vrods on the floor. The have about the same number of sportsters. The weather is a factor here, though. COme spring, they'll all be gone.

wyo

1 - 12 of 12 Posts