V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in the market for a used POSE ( Pease Officer Special Edition). The bike I'm interested in has had it's take removed and replaced with a custom tank. My questiion is this. Is there another way to confirm that the bike is a POSE? Possibly something in the VIN number? Thanks

G

·
I don't believe so. The Shrine bikes have a unique VIN, but not the POSE. However, that sort of begs the question, "what difference does it make"? If the bike no longer looks like a POSE, due to the the tank change, then in a sense it isn't.

Harris

·
Registered
165 Posts
POSE bikes, Firefighter Special Editions, and Shriner's bikes all have a VIN that classifies them as Shriner bikes. The title will also indicate that the bike is a Shriner.

There is no designation that separates them into seperate catagories. They are all registered as Shriner's.

I know this because I have a 2005 POSE that I bought new.

Regards,

Bill

·
Premium Member
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the reply. A red flag raised questions when talking with the selling whom is not the original owner of the bike. I will be inspecting the bike tomorrow afternoon and checking on the title to verify its of the Shriner type.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts