V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, well, well, where to start. I finally got my bike back (2002 Ultra Classic Firefighters' Special) from Port Charlotte HD after insurance work from an accident after 3 f***ing months. Long Story.

Soooooooooooo, I took it for a long ride today. Things that worked before, don't work now.:confused: :nope: :boxin: The fuel guage doesn't work and the low fuel light stays on. The engine light comes on for 5-10 seconds every 5-10 minutes. The radio selector has been rewired in reverse as well.

Then, to add insult to injury, as I was coming to stop at a light, the engine died. I restarted and had to keep nursing the throttle or the bike would die.

I called the $tealership and told them that I needed it fixed ASAP. They told me that because of all the work that was done, that there might be some issues.

This is $hit that wasn't even wrong before it went under the knife. And this is at the HD service place. I could maybe see it if it were a different place, but I guess I was fooled by the $tealership.

It's not the point that it'll get fixed, it's the fact that you expect the $tealership to be presumably the best at fixing your HD, when in fact, it's a freakin nightmare.

%[email protected] :badmood: :nunu: :beatdh: :265: :ymca: #[email protected] :RTFB: :lurker:

·
Total Nutcase
2,691 Posts
If I were you, I'd call my insurance company and let them know there are problems. They've probably already cut a check and they expect that bike to be as good as new. If you end up having to take it elsewhere, then you'll need the ins co on your side in the matter.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts