V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed Vance and Hines Ovals with True Duals, High Flow air kit and the fuelpak on my 08 Road King. WOW!! what a difference. Bike sounds and runs great. However, I do get popping on decelaration and sometimes between shifts. Has anyone using the fuelpak with similar setup experienced this issue?

I've emailed V&H tech with the question. Hopefully, they can provide a modification for map FP-1719.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I put straightshot slipons on mine and also had popping between shifts and on decel. Installed a dfo and bigsucker. I still had the popping but not as bad.
Sold the mufflers and put on a set of khrome werks. Now it runs and sounds ex.
Good luck !

·
Registered
28 Posts
Have fuel pak on my 07 low rider,works great and low cost!Had the same decel. popping and and upshift pop.Contacted v&h and they told me to change mode 23 to 15 from 16 to help decel. pop and it worked perfect no more decel popping.
They poping between shifts is because you are not getting the throttle closed all the way at the shift.It is normal.
T have v&h stright shot slip ons and se ac. so use diff. map settings,but if you have a setting of 16 in mode 23 I bet it will help.
Call V&H and they will help you out and it will be fine.
Much more economical way to go if onle doing stage one and mine has worked well for 3500 miles.
I certinly would do it again if only installing pipes and A/C

1 - 5 of 5 Posts