Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't still eliminate popping on decel on my
2004 FLSTCI
Stage I
SEAC
V&H Big Shots Long

I have SERT version 4.1 without ACCEL and DECEL tables. I'm not sure whether I can use 4.5 on 2004 bike. Please, could anybody send me a 4.12 or 4.5 software version? My dealer is not able to order it. Thank you.

[email protected]

·
Doing time, behind bars!
1,480 Posts
Ditto for Middle East

johnny_red said:
That's strange 'cuz they ship to me in Australia....when I emailed them to ask they seemed willing to ship anywhere.
In a message dated 10/4/2005 8:42:39 A.M. Eastern Standard Time, [email protected] writes:

Hello Sales Team,

We had the following part inquiry

do you ship overseas? Saudi Arabia actually, thanks, John

Yes we do.

You can check prices on line on our shopping cart but the order would have to be done by email, phone or fax.

Normally you would email us your name, shipping address and phone number. You would send us the part numbers you would like to order.

After we confirm receipt you would then either call us or fax us your credit card information.

John
Zanotti's

·
Fuel SYS ENG
144 Posts
PECOLD,

PM me your address and I'll send you the upgraded software free. I have a new unopened copy laying around that I'll let you have.

Frank:chopper:

·
Habitual **************.
234 Posts
pecold said:
I can't still eliminate popping on decel on my
2004 FLSTCI
Stage I
SEAC
V&H Big Shots Long

I have SERT version 4.1 without ACCEL and DECEL tables. I'm not sure whether I can use 4.5 on 2004 bike. Please, could anybody send me a 4.12 or 4.5 software version? My dealer is not able to order it. Thank you.

[email protected]
You need to advance the timing in the 20 and 30 collums. Any timing settings below 20 deg, advance to 20.A reading of 20 (high vacum) on the map can only be obtained during decell, You can run 30 deg in the 20 collum no problem. Normal idle is about 35 on the map.. Also,in the 20 and 30 collum, If your map has a sudden change in timing at 3000 rpm from 45 deg to 25 this is what causes that surge on decel everybody complains about. Advance it so its more gradual. You need a copy of 4.12? PM me and I'll hook a brother up.
RB

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Vetteman, Road Bag thank you for your willingness and help. Brotherhood is not dead.

Vetteman:
are you going to Superrally in Vinstra, Norway next year?

Road Bag:
Thanks for advice. I've read all reports concerning this problem on this forum, especially your theory about flood and advance timing http://www.v-twinforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58580.
I've developed these tables:

AFR
===
decremented all highlighted values 14.5 to 14.1

VE front and rear
=============
for RPM 1750-4000 and TP 0-2 added 15

Idle RPM
======
changed only:

degC|RPM
----------
112|976
128|888
144|856
160|856

This configuration gives the best results so far but popping on decel is not elliminated absolutelly. It comes up when I ride down the hill but if I add a little more throttle it disappears.

I also tried to modify spark advance for both cylinders. I added 5 deg for RPM 1750-4000, TP 20-30. The only result was too high idle RPM.
I will advance timing according your advice. I thought that low and high RPM are critical so I was afraid of modifying it.

Questions:
========
- are low and high RPM 'critical'?; shouldn't I be aware of changing values (especially advance) in these RPM?
- do you really think that adding 15 deg to spark advance in the 20, 30 MAP columns isn't dangerous?
- sudden change in timing in 3000 RPM is 35 to 45; should I modify 35 to 40 from 2750 RPM to 4000 RPM or even to 7000 RPM?
- what is the engine operating temperature?
- I want low idle; is my idle RPM table safe?

Thank you.
Pecold

·
Fuel SYS ENG
144 Posts
pecold,

Software is on its way to you through German Post. No rallies for me in Europe this coming year. My ultra and softail will be shipped out by the end of Jan 05 so no more riding in Europe for me :(

I am retiring from my current job and returning to the USA to open a new company. If you find your way through Denver/Colorado Springs area then stop by and have a beer and a good cigar on the house.

Cheers,
Frank:cheers:

·
Habitual **************.
234 Posts
pecold said:
Vetteman, Road Bag thank you for your willingness and help. Brotherhood is not dead.

Vetteman:
are you going to Superrally in Vinstra, Norway next year?

Road Bag:
Thanks for advice. I've read all reports concerning this problem on this forum, especially your theory about flood and advance timing http://www.v-twinforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58580.
I've developed these tables:

AFR
===
decremented all highlighted values 14.5 to 14.1

VE front and rear
=============
for RPM 1750-4000 and TP 0-2 added 15

Idle RPM
======
changed only:

degC|RPM
----------
112|976
128|888
144|856
160|856

This configuration gives the best results so far but popping on decel is not elliminated absolutelly. It comes up when I ride down the hill but if I add a little more throttle it disappears.

I also tried to modify spark advance for both cylinders. I added 5 deg for RPM 1750-4000, TP 20-30. The only result was too high idle RPM.
I will advance timing according your advice. I thought that low and high RPM are critical so I was afraid of modifying it.

Questions:
========
- are low and high RPM 'critical'?; shouldn't I be aware of changing values (especially advance) in these RPM?
- do you really think that adding 15 deg to spark advance in the 20, 30 MAP columns isn't dangerous?
- sudden change in timing in 3000 RPM is 35 to 45; should I modify 35 to 40 from 2750 RPM to 4000 RPM or even to 7000 RPM?
- what is the engine operating temperature?
- I want low idle; is my idle RPM table safe?

Thank you.
Pecold
Hey Pecold! Your bike idles at about 35 on the map. Hook up to the data mode and you can see this yourself. Take a look at your timing tables and you will see timing as high as 45 deg in places of low MAP. Low map means high vacum, low VE, low cylinder presure and slow flame travel. Retarded timing during deceleration allows late, slow burning fuel into the exhaust system giving us decell poping. Many tuners try to starve or drown the unburnt fuel without understanding why its there in the first place.Advancing the timing simply moves the "slow" fire back in the motor were it belongs.Map of 20 only occurs during decell. The sert won't allow timing advance past 45 deg. Theres no amount of available advance that will hurt the engine in the 20 collum.The timing figures I gave were for total timing, not aditional. Theres no need for adjustments above 3500 rpm. The factory timing map has plenty of advance there. I hope this info helps. Have fun!
RB

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
RB: Thank you, this makes sense. According to Data Mode, my spark advance at low MAP is about 35 deg. Do you think that I can elliminate decel popping only by modifying spark advance? No need to modify deceleration table?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts