Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is my setup:

2006 Street Glide
KhromeWerks Touring Mufflers
SE Air Cleaner Kit
Power Commander

I have a map that I downloaded from the Power Commander website which is pretty close (was for 2002-2005 Touring). I was getting some decel popping at zero throttle between 4k – 2k RPMs. I fixed this by adding 10% fuel at zero throttle over this RPM range. Is this the right approach to take?

I have a slight problem of occasional popping back through the throttle body when the bike is at idle and I slightly blip the throttle. The bike then seems like it is going to stall, but doesn’t. This does not happen every time, rather once in a while. What do I need to change in the map to fix this problem?

·
Registered
4,741 Posts
Motown_LEO said:
Here is my setup:

2006 Street Glide
KhromeWerks Touring Mufflers
SE Air Cleaner Kit
Power Commander

I have a map that I downloaded from the Power Commander website which is pretty close (was for 2002-2005 Touring). I was getting some decel popping at zero throttle between 4k – 2k RPMs. I fixed this by adding 10% fuel at zero throttle over this RPM range. Is this the right approach to take?

I have a slight problem of occasional popping back through the throttle body when the bike is at idle and I slightly blip the throttle. The bike then seems like it is going to stall, but doesn’t. This does not happen every time, rather once in a while. What do I need to change in the map to fix this problem?
I do not know the PC but do have and understand the SERT. Decel Enleanment is handled in a separate table. Don't know your tool but generally speaking it is difficult to get afterfire to go away completely. I've got mine pretty well under control but still get an afterfire in between gears on upshift every know and then. Fine balancing act.

Sneezing through the TB is usually a sign it's too lean, fatten it up a little bit more in and around the idle settings.

Better yet, get it on an AFR sniffer and do it right.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Totenkopf said:
Sneezing through the TB is usually a sign it's too lean, fatten it up a little bit more in and around the idle settings.
Thanks. That is what I was trying to figure out... I didn't know if it was too lean or too rich that would cause it to come back through the throttle body.

I will richen it up 5% and see what happens.

·
Delinquent
1,780 Posts
Motown_LEO said:
Thanks. That is what I was trying to figure out... I didn't know if it was too lean or too rich that would cause it to come back through the throttle body.

I will richen it up 5% and see what happens.
Did you set the throttle position??? The PC needs the TP set. They don't say much if anything about that in the instructions.

When you have the software open and the bike running and your pc connected to the pc 111 usb, look for the tab at the top that reads power commander tools.

Under this tab click on set throttle position. When that is done, a small window will pop up, choose reset.

After you reset, open to full throttle, don't hold it open just make sure that you get it twisted all the way open. the motor may make 3000 rpm or so with just a quick twist. Then click OK.

You will have just set the throttle position and it should now read 0% throttle with the bike at idle.

I would also make sure the bike is good and warmed up before doing the reset.

No adjustments to map at 0% TP if you are not showing 0% will make a difference unless this is done.

At least that's how I understand it.

Hope this helps.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts