V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it just me or is there anybody else getting redirected to another website when they try to get here? I keep getting redirected to a satellite company web page. Is this supposed to be like this? I don't mean to be rude but this does not seem right.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I tried updating the bookmark when I came here this time. It done it again and at the top left of the screen it says brought to you by the HD Forum. You can hit the back button and come here but a smaller window from the same site pops up. I was just wondering if it is supposed to do that. I have a friend who has an internet service and people does stuff like this all the time to his pages.

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
Clear out the cash on your Internet Explorer and type the link in fresh.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Tried it. Its another website that says the HD Forum sent me there. I just Dont think anybody here would do that.

·
Founder/Administrator
1,315 Posts
Not sure whats happening with your system. That ad ISN'T supposed to pop up, only if you click it. Your computer has a cookie that registered from here, but not sure whats going on with your system. I agree, pop-up ads are downright r u d e!

·
Registered
875 Posts
never no pop ups for me from this site....................

·
Registered
903 Posts
Me neither....

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Reset the bookmark with the one listed above. Hasn't happened again. I'll let you know if it does. I am not too fond of seeing someone else advertise at your expense of bandwith.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Never had it happen to me, and I use a bunch of computers at work to access this site.

·
Founder/Administrator
1,315 Posts
Here is the fix. CLICK TOOLS in IE, DELETE COOKIES, DELETE FILES, DELETE SETTINGs, and CLEAR HISTORY.

I can assure you the pop-ups are not coming from here. You have a cookie retained from when you last visited there site.

·
old timer
516 Posts
Maybe what you guys need is some firewall software...I never get any pop up ads...they are blocked...Norton's Internet Security is what I use...there are other programs out there too.

manny

1 - 20 of 26 Posts