V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Shiny bad. Black good.
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With 560 miles on my 06 Street Bob, I'm averaging around 33mpg. Granted, these are mostly surface street/traffic miles, but, shouldn't it be 5 or 6mpg more than this? The mileage was pretty much the same before I installed the SEII slip-ons (no A/C or flash).

What do you guys think?

Whiff

·
This space is blank
1,029 Posts
Whiffleboy said:
With 560 miles on my 06 Street Bob, I'm averaging around 33mpg. Granted, these are mostly surface street/traffic miles, but, shouldn't it be 5 or 6mpg more than this? The mileage was pretty much the same before I installed the SEII slip-ons (no A/C or flash).

What do you guys think?

Whiff
No disrespect Whiffleboy, but mileage numbers are for people driving Volvos and Honda Civics, etc.

You got a Harley Street Bob man, when the needle points to "E" just fill it back up and keep riding.

·
Banned
154 Posts
Whiffleboy said:

What do you guys think?

Whiff
I'm getting about the same with my FXDBI. That doesn't concern me as much has how unbelievable lean it runs. The pipes are very yellow, and it's less then a month old, still bone stock.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Read your owner's manual boys...it says right in it that mileage during break-in will vary. Mine has been getting better, I've got 997 miles on my 06' FXDCI. I would actually assume that up until around 2000 miles that things are still getting broken-in.

Additionally...it's a motorcycle...it's only got a 5 gallon tank...IT'S NOT EXPENSIVE TO FILL UP!!!! :)

·
Premium Member
75 Posts
I'm getting 40 mpg on mine but there are a lot of highway miles on it. I had 172 miles run on my last tankful and it took exactly 4 gallons to fill it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I,am on my third 06 dyna street bob ...first one blew the bearing..the factory wanted it back. The second bike was slow to respond to throtle roll on, back fired and got poor gas mileage. There was a problem with that bike. The Dealer gave me a new bike after a month of complaining. If your bike has poor gas mileage and responds poorly...backfires...misses a beat when you roll on the throttle or stalls...maybe its a problem. Fuel delivery problem...who knows. If its just poor gas mileage don,t worry about it...just ride it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts