V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just noticed these in the On-line catalog, Part No. 56298-03.

It says it replaces the stock stacked rubber and zinc washer. Where is this suppose to go? I have swapped handlesbars, taking the whole assembly apart, but I don't remember seeing any stacked rubber and zinc washers.

So where exactly does this go?

·
Banned
4,121 Posts
Where the 2 long bolts connect the handlebar riser to the steering neck... you don't have to take the riser off to swap bars, so you never saw them ...

·
Premium Member
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks TomB!

In the catelog description, it says they are have a "chrome cover [that] adds a bright finishing touch." I thought it would be something more visable.

·
Longtime Asphalt Cowboy
3,291 Posts
TomB said:
Where the 2 long bolts connect the handlebar riser to the steering neck... you don't have to take the riser off to swap bars, so you never saw them ...
TomB is correct. These mount below and above the steering neck on the long bolt that he referred to that holds the riser on. They cushion the riser that holds your handle bars.

As your bike gets older the stock OEM cushions get harder and you feel more virbation. If you're taking that whole thing apart I'd highly recommend replacing the OEM with the polyurethane version. These bushings are available from several different vendors. Think I picked up my last set from J&P for some $10.00 less than Harley wanted.

o~\o

·
Premium octane member
7,381 Posts
Just to pass along a bit of info that i have come across in the past on working on roadkings. Since the trend is ape hangers around my area, and i ALWAYS use poly bushings with aprehangers, i have found that the fancy chrome capped h-d one dont always work. Don't get me wrong they are a nice product but they can not be used with the fatter bars like buffalo, wild1,......and others. They are a little thicker than other aftermarkets, and they bring the bars up enough to hit the handlebar clamp cover. Hope this helps some looking to do the same project.
(by the way, just touring bike have this problem)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts