Votes: 5 25.0%
  • I like a riding in a big group.

Votes: 2 10.0%
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When you go riding just for fun do you prefer to go solo, with one other bike, in a small group (3 or 4 bikes) or in a large group (5 or more bikes)?

Most of my riding is done solo. I like it because I feel totally free to ride however I want; fast or slow. I take as many stops as I want. I make route changes on the fly if I want. I ride for as long as I want then I go home.

I've ridden with one other bike on a number of occasions and it was fun. I've never ridden with more than one other bike.

So, how about you all?

·
Registered
9,186 Posts
Depends on the ride I guess.

Often alone.

Many times with one or two others.

Sometimes in a group of six or more.

Largest group was 237 bikes for about a hundred miles.

Have ridden back of pack with Patch Holders and always had a blast.

Each ride is different and my preference depends on the ride.

·
Registered
903 Posts
Each ride does depend and basically, anything goes.
Most of the time I'm by myself which makes it fun when I'm with a group of two or more.

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
At different times 1, 2 and 3 equally, but sometimes a even number of bikes works better then an uneven one, because you pair them up.

Now and then I ride with a big group, and wether it's enjoyable or not depends on the group.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Mostly solo or with one other bike, but occasionally, I like to go on runs that are for a good cause (nothing too big, maybe 50-60 bikes).
I'm still meeting new folks after moving here and working 6 days a week for the first year. Always good to have different riding buds!:D

·
Registered
396 Posts
I think each situation has its own merits. Riding alone is the ultimate in independence and freedom. Riding with a close bro is always a kick. Riding with a group of close friends is a blast. Very large groups can be a bit unnerving since you don't know what riding behaviors to expect from others. I've ridden in the South Florida Toys in the Sun Run several times with 20,000+ bikes. The interstate is closed to all non-run vehicles so you had idiots going 100+ mph weaving in and out of traffic. This resulted in several fatalities so in subsequent years the cops force everyone to stay in one lane. Was an awesome feeling to ride in such a large group though!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts