V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Incredible
3,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
FOR SALE!!!!

I have a set of Polished Rotors that I just took off of my 2003 Softail Fatboy FLSTFI. These are a multi-fit item I do believe, but you can double check that if you feel that you need to. They are just in need of a good polish job to really make them sparkle.

Dealers charge $60.00 in my area (higher in others) per rotor plus you must exchange your stock rotors.

I am asking $85.00 for both to the first responder with a paypal.com account. Shipping not included of course. That will be added once determined what shipping method you would like to use.

·
Incredible
3,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No one needs polished rotors?????

Due to the fact that I would like to move these things I am issuing a price drop.

$70.00 plus shipping via paypal.com. The item will ship once funds are cleared. For those with instant payment, the item will ship same or next day.

·
Infidel
6,331 Posts
Why do you keep deleting and re-posting exactly the same message?

·
Premium Member
1,379 Posts
i think he went from 75 to 70.

how long will front rotors last?

in other words, got a new bike, how long would i have to store these rotors before i wear down the stockers enough to put these on?

·
Premium Member
3,624 Posts
04ctd said:
i think he went from 75 to 70.

how long will front rotors last?

in other words, got a new bike, how long would i have to store these rotors before i wear down the stockers enough to put these on?
If you use stock pads, which are very metallic and wear rotors quicker, you will likely need to replace your rotors at 40-50k. If you swap to softer Kevlar pads, you can probably double the life of your rotors.

·
Incredible
3,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I haven't heard of anyone replacing rotors at 40 or 50K. These are for swap out now so you have a polished look instead of the stock bland look.

70.00 plus shipping buys them.

·
Premium Member
3,624 Posts
Fatb0y said:
I haven't heard of anyone replacing rotors at 40 or 50K. These are for swap out now so you have a polished look instead of the stock bland look.

70.00 plus shipping buys them.
My rear rotor was worn to minimum thickness at 40k. I blame it on the OEM pads.

·
Incredible
3,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
xxxflhrci said:
My rear rotor was worn to minimum thickness at 40k. I blame it on the OEM pads.
You may be right. Aftermarket are better anyway and they are definitely quieter.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts