V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for some guidence on polished front rotors and pads for my 02 RK..

Has anyone had a good/bad luck with them?
Not sure about aftermarket... hate to put a lot af faith in something that I'mnot familiar with, expecially like brakes!!

·
Premium Member
7,055 Posts
HD polished and Lyndall pads here. Works good for me. One thing to note about polished rotors, when you get them you'll probably swear (as I did) that they aren't fully polished because you can see swirls in them. Don't sweat it because when you get them on the bike you won't see it.

·
Winter SUCKS
1,353 Posts
Polished rotors with stock brake pads. No problems here neither. As soon as the pads require replacing, I'll go with the Lyndall's as well......

Update: Thanks to Mike02 for posting this. My bike is currently at the Dealers (winter storage), and one of the many mods was to replace the front rotors with chrome ones. I had intentions of keeping the stock brake pads on. I just called them. They recomended Lyndall brake pads. I just ordered a set of their Gold Z Pads - Part #7254. Thanks for saving me some $$$. I should have known, as I have run the Lyndall Golds on all my Harley's.........

·
Ironbutt
7,415 Posts
A lot of good aftermarket rotors out there - most of them probably better than HD. I purchased some from Hog Pro years ago for my Heritage and they have held up well. Also running the Lyndall Z pads.

·
Premium Member
791 Posts
HD polished floating rotors with EBC Kevlar organic pads on my dyna. Stops great though the pads do wear a little quick.

·
Banned
2,449 Posts
That's called glazed not polished.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Polished rotors here as well,with HHI brakes..Just make sure you take some emery cloth and scuff the polish off the outer edge of the rotor where the pads contact,about 1.5" wide..Brake pads dont bit to well to a shiny polished rotor surface.You may have to scuff the contact area after every ride to help break the pad into the rotor..

·
Premium Member
7,055 Posts
Polished rotors with stock brake pads. No problems here neither. As soon as the pads require replacing, I'll go with the Lyndall's as well......

Update: Thanks to Mike02 for posting this. My bike is currently at the Dealers (winter storage), and one of the many mods was to replace the front rotors with chrome ones. I had intentions of keeping the stock brake pads on. I just called them. They recomended Lyndall brake pads. I just ordered a set of their Gold Z Pads - Part #7254. Thanks for saving me some $$$. I should have known, as I have run the Lyndall Golds on all my Harley's.........
What's this winter storage crap? You're obviously not a real biker! :beatdh:

·
Registered
61 Posts

·
Banned
2,449 Posts
I like the looks of those rotors but they might warp easily since a lot of the metal has been cut out in 5 large sections in the center. That leaves the swept area unsupported in too many spots.

I have the teardrop polished rotors and I like them. I got them on Ebay and they are holding up well.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I have had good luck with those wavy EBC rotors. $170 or so for a full floater. I had some PM rotors that matched my wheels. I wore them out in 10,000 miles. I run the Z Plus pads on them.

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts