V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love my 2005 Big Dog Chopper, but keeping up with all its polished aluminum is getting to be a drag, time-wise.

I'm not a big fan of paste polishes, as I've found (the hard way) that they tend to crystalize over time and can leave hairline scratches (watch out using this type of polish on chrome, especially!:yikes: ).

I've tried BOM's Away and like it okay, but you need a lot of soft cloths/detail towels, time and and elbow grease before all the black oxidation is gone. Then in two weeks, you get to do it all over again! %potstir@

Are there any "miracle products" out there specifically for polished billet aluminum, that will clean AND seal in easier fashion? :Banadance

Thanks! :chopper:

·
Free agent
795 Posts
Bling Master

OK...I'm shopping to my little hearts content at a custom car show in Old Towne, Kissimmee, Florida and I run across this booth that sells this bottle that has the stupidest name in the world and the representative sells me this stuff after he allows me to polish 1/2 of his trailer fender to a almost chrome finish!! This stuff is incredible and very..VERY easy to use. Here is the link!!
http://www.blingmaster.com/. Try it..it really works great!! A tad bit expensive, but a little goes a long way. I don't have much aluminum on my RK classic, but the wheels on my GMC never looked better and extremely easy to use. Mothers make a small foam ball that you can use on a drill that takes a lot of elbow grease away from the task. Check it out! http://www.mothers.com/products/ Good Luck!!:banana:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Try Zoop polish. It is a two stage process first clean and polish and then aply the Zoop seal. I dont use this on my bike. I use on the wheels of my truck and motor of my hot rod. Last up to a year. A little expensive but once it done its good to go for a least a year if not more. Great stuff.

·
Premium Member
335 Posts
!!!!!!!!!!! Chrome !!!!!!!!!!

End of story. I hate polishing aluminum.

Doug...

·
Total Nutcase
2,691 Posts
Just an update here... A few years back, I bought a bottle of liquid metal polish made by The Wax Shop. Best stuff I have ever used. Polishes aluminum like nothing else. I recently ran out of it and tried to buy more... well, Turtle Wax bought out The Wax Shop and the product isn't produced anymore. I got in touch with the original guy who came owned The Wax Shop and he still manufactures the polish. It is now sold as VIP metal polish. He only sells to professional detailers and the government buys mass quantities to polish aircraft.

He gave me a link to order it over the web... this stuff polishes like nothing else I've ever used..

http://waxdepot.safeshopper.com/211/cat211.htm

·
Premium Member
108 Posts
The best I have ever used is Mothers Incredible Billet Metal Polish.I have forged aluminum wheels on my truck and this stuff puts a shine on them that I have had people tell me they thought I had chrome wheels.I have bought it at Pep Boys and Auto Zone.At $12 it seems expensive but a little goes a long way.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Forgive my ignorance, but is billet aluminum what the stock triple trees on my 05 Dyna Low Rider are made of? They look like crap after only 2500 miles. I'd love to be able to polish them up.

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
the best cleaner i have found is( MASS metal cleaner)cleanes everthing they even have a kit just for bikes. makes alumanum look like chrome. and is effortless compared to mothers or any other cleaner i have ever used.

·
Premium Member
685 Posts
Regardless of which polish you use, use Zoops sealant as the final stop to "seal" in that shiney new finish. Zoops will prevent subsequent dulling, etc. and is a must do step.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I just started useing a producl called metal wax.(metalwax.com)
The best stuff i've ever used.
You use a liquid cleaner first to clean all the crap off youe aluminum
and then you apply their wax sealer and it shines like never before.
Believe me i know because i have a 2003 fatboy and the wheels were a bitch to keep clean.
You can use it on chrome also.
You wont be disappointed.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts