V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The police model comes with hard saddlebags with a round latch on the top. What do you think of these? I want to get a set of hard bags, and can't decide if i like this paricular style or not, and curious as to your views. thx, greg

·
Free Idears Available
2,270 Posts
Gonna get the flashing beacon too? My buddy has the police bags (ex-police bike actually) and the only complaint he has is the round things have greyed in the weather over time and are kind of tired looking.

·
Registered
4,089 Posts

I want hard bags aswell, but wouldn't put the 'police' models on, puke!
Takes away the clean look,
ya could always remove them and use the holes for coffee cups. :D imo... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
432 Posts
I have an ex-police bike with the pucks on top and like them. they make it easy to get into, even with gloves on. Besides they are conversation starters, "what the fu(k are those hockey pucks on top for?"

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
I like the regular hard bags much better. The police type bags might be easier to find used and cheap as a lot of guys with police bikes convert to the civilian style bags.

·
Premium Member
380 Posts
A couple places make chrome covers for the hockey puck style latches. I've also seen a couple with the push button replacement latches, but they were completely plastic, and didn't look like they would last long.

The biggest draw back is if you're not careful, it's easy to get into the paint over time.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts