V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Harley Street Glide
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw these lights (see attachment) on one of the police bikes mounted to the front brake caliper and want to do the same to my street I have these on my crash bar and want to relocate them.
Anybody know how I can find these police fog light mounts?

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11,107 Posts
Just a thought, do you plan on using these spots at night? Wouldn't the beam direction change as the front wheel moves up and down riding bumpy roads?

Sent from my moto g(7) supra using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2010 Harley Street Glide
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just a thought, do you plan on using these spots at night? Wouldn't the beam direction change as the front wheel moves up and down riding bumpy roads?

Yes, probably but unless I was an a ver bumpy road it would not be much movement.
There are tons of caliper mount fog lights out there

·
Registered
11,107 Posts
I have never seen that mount on a bike except for that stuff use to see on 1500 goldwings and I have seen a chitpot full. What is that between the light and caliper ? Is it a cover or the unpolished bar? I can only zoom a pic so much on a phone . It looks like a fiberglass sleeve to me. I am the jury rigged king and I'm thinking they made this at the cop shop.

Edit: I have seen some bikes with brackets on the forks for lights, but this design appears to be better.

·
Registered
2010 Harley Street Glide
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have never seen that mount on a bike except for that stuff use to see on 1500 goldwings and I have seen a chitpot full. What is that between the light and caliper ? Is it a cover or the unpolished bar? I can only zoom a pic so much on a phone . It looks like a fiberglass sleeve to me. I am the jury rigged king and I'm thinking they made this at the cop shop.

Edit: I have seen some bikes with brackets on the forks for lights, but this design appears to be better.
The mounting post. I assume you are taking about the knurled aluminium part that mounts it to the caliper mount.

·
Registered
11,107 Posts
Kinda looks like a jack handle. I would have taken a brass wheel to it and painted clear on it 4 or 5 times before mounting. There are some on the forum who have used cop bikes don't know why they haven't chimed in. I have to look at my calipers as it is in my interest to be visible to drivers on the road. I have led spots on the highway bar too, but I think it would be easier for them to see me if the lights were different than the norm.

·
Registered
2010 Harley Street Glide
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Almost looks like a air coupler fitting..
I have the VIN from the 2014 police bike. I wonder if that can be used to figure out accessories on the bike.

·
Registered
11,107 Posts
How does it attach to the caliper? Must be a bolt arrangement like it replaces the bolt, but then how to torque it?

·
Registered
2010 Harley Street Glide
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
How does it attach to the caliper? Must be a bolt arrangement like it replaces the bolt, but then how to torque it?

Long socket in the end of the mount I imagine see previous pictures. And of mount is open.

·
Registered
11,107 Posts
I worked for Regal Beloit in the late 90's. If I was still there I could get one of the machinists to turn down a piece of steel on one end with theads and hollow it out to be lighter, heat treat and chromed. If the big sleeve was flush against the caliper this would increase the strength and it would be less likely to break off if bumped. It doesn't look like that in the picture. Maybe the bolt was welded on then bolted to the caliper. I wish someone would post and say they have a set and where they bought it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
They actually look like (bicycle) pegs. My nephew has them on both his front and rear wheels for doing trick jumps. It could be THAT simple...lol.....

·
Registered
2010 Harley Street Glide
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I have seen those. The mounts would need to incorporate the metric caliper mounting bolt.

·
Registered
11,107 Posts
I have seen those. The mounts would need to incorporate the metric caliper mounting bolt.

What type bike did you see them on? I feel like I am reading a detective story. Witnesses have seen the culprit, but no one can locate the perpetrator.

·
Registered
2010 Harley Street Glide
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
What type bike did you see them on? I feel like I am reading a detective story. Witnesses have seen the culprit, but no one can locate the perpetrator.

See post #9
2014 Harley Police bike. FLHT

·
Registered
11 Posts
I saw these lights (see attachment) on one of the police bikes mounted to the front brake caliper and want to do the same to my street I have these on my crash bar and want to relocate them.
Anybody know how I can find these police fog light using Tapatalk
Check the local donut shop. Wear your vest! 😂
Anybody know how I can find these police fog light mounts?

Try the local donut shop!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts