V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Rider
848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have seen a bunch of pics and some short videos of the Police competitions and wonder where I can find one near me. Is there a web site that lists dates, locations etc? I'd really like to see you guys and gals in action.

·
Registered
227 Posts
That's a great video! Do you ever allow the public to watch any of these "rodeos"?

What is the width of the cone spacing during those really tight manuevers? For example the constrained weave. It looked like there was only a few inches clearance on either saddlebag.

Good stuff! Anybody else have any videos? This is good inspiration for practice!

I recently watched a motorcop stop a car here in Lubbock after a 80mph+ pursuit in traffic. He appeared completely calm after jumping 3 lanes, taking an exit, and making a 180 degree turn into a crooked drive-way where the car finally stopped. This was in heavy traffic. I noticed when he got off, he calmly whipped out the ticket book and started walking toward the car. I think I would have been shaking for a little while!
:bowdwn:

·
DHARMA Initiative
5,678 Posts
That was impressive. I thought I was pretty good on tight turns in confined areas. They just blew me out of the water. Great video!!! I need more practice.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Police Competitions

If you go to the Charleston County Sheriff web site, you can search for courses, you can actually get the diagrams of some of the patterns that you saw in the video with all the measurements.

Here's the link.

http://www.ccso.charlestoncounty.org/PPMSC.htm

The circles are usually no smaller than 18'. The narrow paths of cones you saw are just wide enough to clear both saddle bags.

I've competed in several competitions and everyone was open to the public and ususally advertised in the local press and dealerships.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts