V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been using the WileyX light adjusting glasses for a couple of years now. I have found that the lenses don't quite get dark enough for bright sunny days and find myself squinting. While in my car I have a polarized pair of Smiths with amber lenses that I just absolutely love. My question is does wearing polarized lenses while riding pose any real problems? On Wileys website they do mention the possibility of not seeing oil slicks while wearing polarized lenses and to use caution. I can tell you after only riding now for 2 years, I can say that I have never noticed an oil spot anyway except for when stopped at some intersections. Here's what I'm thinking of getting:

http://www.wileyx.com/EcommSuite/ProductDetail.aspx?ActivityCode=MOTORCYCLE&SeriesCode=164&ProductLine=541,JP2&ItemCode=511

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
My perscription shades are polarized , and I've always worn them riding.
The polarized lenses really help with the glare. The only odd thing is some color shifts if I have my face shield down, doesn't effect traffic signs or lights though.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Polarized are great as long as the opticians use a good brand-Vision Ease, KBCO, Nupolar, Zeiss, Essilor- ASK them what lens they will use. Specifically ask for a one of the above and you should do very well.

As for the color shifts in the face plates, the polarized lens will help you to see the stress that the shield or lens has. You could look at someone and see- Flares at the corner of the lens- that where the lens changed direction on the lens grinder and there was a little heat build up.

C-Spots

1 - 4 of 4 Posts