V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok....well the old points system took a **** on me.... the spring on the weights fell apart and then the cam nut split in half so the ol shovel died on me.....now to spend the extra money to remove points and go with an electronic ignition...but which one?...are they comaparable?...i am just a basic daily rider.....72 FLH ....no need for super high speed...just want a reliable system. Any feedback is appreciated...Looking at the Dyna "S" System....Later all...Roy

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
It has been a while, but the way I remember it the Dyna S just had a electronic trigger but still controlled the advance with the advance mechanism and weights.

The Crane and the Spyke had electronic advance control and were adjustable, so you could get rid of all this stuff.

You may want to check with Zipper's as they still have a lot of shovel stuff.

·
Premium Member
309 Posts
Elec. Ing.

bikergator,

The electronic ing. on mu '89 Heritage Classic went South on me after 7 years of daily use. No complaints there, but on the shoulder of the Interstate is one tense place to be working on a scooter. For simplicity and ease of instalation, I went with the Dyna S model.
Like Hippo's post says is the way it is with the Dyna, [electronic advance control] I had zip for problems with that unit installed. I rode that bike for 2 more years. Sold it to a buddy who did a complete tear down on her And then he sold it and it is still on the street with that same Dyna S unit in her. Possibly some of this is just plain luck, but it is the the experience that I have had with the Dyna product.

Ride Safe.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts